Emory Healthcare/Emory University Registry Patient Care Asst in Johns Creek, Georgia
Heart. Soul. Expertise. That’s what defines an Emory Nursing Support professional. No matter where you are in your nursing career, when you chose this distinguished profession, you chose to change lives. We are proud to be the only health system in Georgia with four Magnet®- recognized hospitals: Emory University Orthopedics & Spine Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Emory University Hospital, and Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
We’re looking for passionate nursing support professionals who are ready to join a team that’s redefining quality nursing care. As integral members of high-functioning, inter-professional teams, Emory Healthcare is on the frontline of care in our hospitals and operate with a full complement of specialties and the ability to care for medically complex patients.
We’ve got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
Are YOU ready to join us?
· Performs assigned patient care and observation duties under the direction of a Registered Nurse, including but not limited to: cleaning the patient's room, operating various clinical equipment, helping with emergencies, assisting with patient procedures, collecting and transporting patient specimens and completing applicable forms.
· Greets visitors, answers and screens incoming telephone calls; provides information or takes messages and distributes them to appropriate employee to meet caller's needs. Receives and transcribes data related to physician's orders according to established guidelines.
· Maintains clerical and related unit supplies; places orders to replenish stock.
· Accepts, verifies, and stores supply deliveries upon receipt.
· Assists in the use of bag-valve-mask device, TED stockings, oxygen, suction equipment, incentive spirometer, and emergency cart.
· Operates converter chair, lifts, scales, beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, non-invasive BP monitors, some components of Quicknet monitors, automatic thermometers, sphygmomanometer, computer and pulse oximeter.
· Promptly and courteously responds to patient requests via the patient intercom system.
· Relays appropriate information to appropriate staff for immediate attention.
· Reinforces patient and family teaching. Prepares room to receive patient; sets up necessary equipment and ensures neatness and cleanliness of room.
· Transports and collects patient specimens throughout hospital, and contributes to the completion of admission, discharge, transfer, and death procedures and forms.
· Performs vital signs and records information; reports observations and records significant and unusual information regarding patients to the Registered Nurse.
· Observes color, consistency, amount and odor from drainage tubs; records information and notifies Registered Nurse of findings. Participates in shift report.
· Makes the necessary arrangements for medical tests, supplies, equipment, treatment and special dietary needs.
· Assists Registered Nurse in providing patient care according to individual needs; observes IV site appearance, assists with range of motion, ambulation, patient transfers, diet, elimination, hygiene, performs pre-and postoperative procedural care, and assists with respiratory functions/procedures.
· Assists in emergency situations as directed by the Registered Nurse.
· Participates in the orientation of staff to the unit and precepts new, temporary, and float nursing technicians to the unit.
· Promotes a supportive and healing environment so that customer and staff satisfaction are enhanced.
· Supports cost efficient/effective delivery of care. Participates in unit-based and hospital-wide Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
One year of experience which includes direct patient care, OR the successful completion of a nursing assistant training course OR currently enrolled in a RN program and completion of 2 clinical rotations, and clerical experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently); 10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks;
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors; Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting ; Patient care/handling injuries; Radiation ; Shift work; Travel may be required; Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Division Emory Johns Creek
Campus Location Johns Creek, GA, 30097
Campus Location US-GA-Johns Creek
Department EJC Emergency Services
Job Type PRN / Registry
Job Number 84781
Job Category Clinical & Nursing Support
Standard Hours 4 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.