Airgas Usa LLC Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Independence, Ohio
Are you ready to be a part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
*Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an Accounts Receivable Supervisor! *
What you will do:
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Supervisor provides daily supervision and coordination of a team of Collection Specialists responsible for customer service and collection of accounts receivable within the Division’s Business Service Center (BSC), with the goal of maintaining a healthy Accounts Receivable position for The AR Supervisor interprets Airgas policies to team members, trains new team members, and analyzes workflow issues further driving process improvements to maximize receivables turnover, minimize risk of loss and provide a high-level of support to the Regional Companies.
- Oversees and monitors the collection efforts of the team to ensure adherence to North Division protocols and that collection goals are exceeded, including promoting prompt payment of outstanding invoices and other matters that will maximize cash flow.
- Monitors and prioritizes workload of team to maximize collection effort and in accordance with Airgas Credit & Collection Policy.
- Assists teams with reconciling difficult accounts.
- Identifies issues with billing, pricing, cylinders that cause customer service problems, and works to resolve such issues.
- Escalates problem accounts to NDIV or field management to ensure prompt and appropriate action.
- Promotes and maintains professional, service-oriented relationships with internal and external customers.
- Acts as an ambassador for the entire department promoting the value & support the Collections team provides.
- Works internally across the Division & externally directly with customers to reduce total A/R and DSO.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with the Regional Company Area Vice Presidents (AVPs), District Managers (DMs), Account Managers, Branch Managers and other field departments such as Cylinder Control.
- Reviews aging reports with team and engages appropriate field personnel as needed to expedite resolution of outstanding payments.
- Participates in branch and district accounts receivable meetings, sales training presentations or other corporate/divisional meetings with team when requested.
- Works in partnership with the other AR Supervisors regarding recommendations and implementation of process improvement opportunities that enhance the overall direction of the Collections team.
- Leads by example promoting a customer service oriented environment.
- Develops, mentors, and provides direct guidance to the Collection Specialists.
- Implements actions to achieve productivity goals of the team; monitors and reports results.
- Provides a climate of motivation, communication, support and trust within department and with cross-functional teams.
- Holds associates accountable for meeting their goals, and rewarding and disciplining employees as necessary
Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- What you will have: *
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting or related-field preferred. In lieu of degree requirement, consideration for up to 2 years of additional related experience as a team leader or supervisor may be accepted.
- 2 years of prior experience in credit & collections, accounts receivable, finance and/or related field. Prior experience should include the ability to demonstrate a proven track record of success in a high-volume AR role.
- Prior experience with SAP or an ERP system highly preferred.
- A strong “customer service” mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals. Ability to build positive relationships and strives to understand customer’s needs, both internal and external.
- Strong organizational, team-building and people development skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Exposure to and knowledge of contract law, secured transactions and bankruptcy issues is helpful.
- Ability to adjust communication method based on either customer situation or the receiver of the communication (i.e. executive management, field, internal team).
- Strong organization skills with ability to independently adjust and manage multiple priorities with thoroughness and accuracy.
- A positive, process-improvement focused approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Google suite applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within SAP.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may frequently be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to transverse through office.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will frequently be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires frequent use of computer and telephone.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor is it intended to imply an employment agreement.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
*What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist*
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Job: *Finance and Accounting
Title: *Accounts Receivable Supervisor *
Requisition ID: 31598