Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer, Hypersonics, CCA, Power, Mid-Career in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Huntsville, AL ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Want to design what's coming next with a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry? Wouldn't you want to be part of a culture inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our military partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
Interested in joining us as an Electronics Engineer ? If so, then you will be part of an engineering team that is going through:
• Requirements derivation
• Design and design reviews
• Engineering release (Specifications, ICDs, Engineering Drawings, P/Ls, Procedures, etc.)
• Development & qualification
• Requirement verification
• Data review
• Troubleshooting and issue resolution
• Performance validation
This work will be done at the system/subsystem, hardware (Unit/Assembly), and CCA level.
This role will cover many aspects of the vehicle potentially including the power system with aspects of circuit card design.
In this role:
• You will typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience for this role.
• If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• You are willing to obtain a Secret clearance , thus you are a US Citizen .
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or higher from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combine education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• Electronics hardware design, development and/or test experience
• Demonstrated circuit card design/analysis experience.
• Demonstrated power design/analysis experience.
• Hardware (Unit/Assembly/Component) design, integration, test, and/or verification experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of Electrical or Electronics
theories and principles
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, and experience presenting
to peers, leadership, and/or customers
• Must be adaptable to new situations and demonstrate
self-initiative in solving complex problems.
• Experienced at leading teams through challenging
engineering and/or programmatic issues
• Ability to interpret and create electrical schematics in tools such as Zuken
• Experience in modeling and analysis tools such as PSpice
• Development lab experience
• Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment
• Electrical/Electronics design, integration, , and
verification on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.