TEKsystems Network Operations Technician 1 in Houston, Texas
Prior Military Preferred
-Primary function is to provide real-time service and user support for VSAT Customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries that use our remote-based technology systems. Monitors and manages the IT infrastructure and proactively addresses network issues from the Network Management System or the customer directly.
-To be successful in this role must be focused on the customer experience, able to quickly resolve Tier 1 issues with the client in a high-quality manner, or is able to reasonably elevate issues to Tier 2 as deemed appropriate and in an efficient manner.
MAJOR RESPONSBILITIES & % OF TIME ALLOCATED
• Monitor Network Management System(s) for alarms, faults and alerts and respond to problems according per documented procedures - 15%
• Open, update, and close incident tickets in the Incident Management System. - 15%
• Provide timely, relevant and supporting documentation in the Incident Management System. - 15%
• Create, respond, and escalate tickets as necessary to the proper support groups. 10%
• Function as initial responder within the NOC in identifying issues on the core infrastructure and remote customer sites. 4%
• Provide Tier 1 Helpdesk support to remote customers. 2%
• Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System. 2%
• Ensure compliance with system procedures. 2%
• Report incidents and hazards. 2%
• Document and testing of VSAT, IP and IP telephony system installations as required. 5%
• Assist in the resolution of support issues to decrease downtime and to bring about high levels of satisfaction to each customer. 5%
• May act as technical liaison between the customer, service providers, and management in order to ensure proper service levels are being met. 10%
• Provide 24/7/365 support for production systems, services & infrastructure 5%
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite.
• Positive attitude with great customer service mentality
• Good understanding of cultural sensitivities
Hardware, Troubleshooting, Service desk, Network operations center, VSAT
Top Skills Details:
Hardware,Troubleshooting,Service desk,Network operations center
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Sense of urgency, quick to react, customer service mindset, someone eager to learn, self-motivated
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.