Occidental Petroleum Expert IT Systems in Houston, Texas
Title: Expert IT Systems Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations: United States, United States-Texas-Houston
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Expert IT Systems (working title of “IT Contracts and Negotiations Specialist”) within our IT Supply Chain organization based in Houston, Texas.
The successful candidate will be tasked to work on multiple projects and to, with progressively decreased technical and management oversight to prioritize and negotiate agreements, provide guidance on existing agreements and provide support to special projects in the area of IT contracts and work.
- Education (Degree Type, Degree Discipline, or equivalent experience)
- BS/BA or advanced degree in business, law, Information Systems Management or similar field
- Technical Skills (functional skills related to the profession)
- Limited working knowledge of Software licensing, including items such as:
- Perpetual v. subscription licensing
- Limitations of Liability
- Licensing metrics
- Limited working knowledge of telecommunication matters in a regulated and an unregulated environment
- Limited working knowledge of IT Professional Services contracting and services
- Soft Skills (communication, problem solving, team player, self-starter, etc.)
- Ability to proactively listen to differing perspectives during negotiations to help reach agreement
- Ability to work in and thrive on ambiguity
- Ability to independently research novel issues
- Ability to exercise the “4 C’s” – Communicate, Collaborate, Consult and Crosscheck - with IT technical teams, IT Supply Chain, IT Finance, Legal, Tax, Risk and various business teams
- Ability to self-manage with conflicting priorities and demands on time
- Ability to develop recommendations and then present and defend those recommendations to IT management and leadership
- Ability summarize complex issues and present them in a concise and accurate manner to facilitate decisions by management
- Become a “trusted advisor” to IT Managers and leadership
- Years of experience (relevant to the job)
- 0-1 year experience in negotiation of IT-related agreements such as: Software, IT Professional Services, Telecommunications, IT Hardware, Software-as-a-Service or agreements pertaining to other evolving IT products
- Years of experience (relevant to industry)
- 0-1 year
- Computer Skills (indicate proficiency level required for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc. in addition to other non-Microsoft Office software)
- Ability to use or willingness to learn Microsoft Office products, SAP, Bizagi, Ariba and Oracle products and interfaces
- Willingness to identify and execute on areas for self-study and development in the IT, legal and business skills arenas
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree
- Professional Certification from International Association of Contracts and Commercial Management / Word Commerce and Contracts Association or similar professional organization
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.