Southco Inc Tumbler Operator in Honeoye Falls, New York
Southco is the leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace, Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries.
Benefits we offer our employees:
· Generous time off – starting at 3 weeks of annualized PTO (first year is prorated based on start date), 9 company holidays plus 2 floating holidays
· 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes automatic 2% contribution of eligible pay plus matching contributions of 50% up to the first 6% of eligible pay you contribute.
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan valued at approximately 4-6% of eligible earnings which includes dividend payments after 3 year vesting period
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA for high deductible health plans
· Company paid Life & Disability Insurance including: Short term, Long Term, and Life
· Great Tuition Reimbursement program to support undergraduate or graduate programs available to all employees
Perform Cleaning and Tumbling Operations per work instructions and quality documents in support of the Facility Value Streams to meet internal and external customer expectations. Additionally, provide support to the facility by maintaining regulatory compliance when operating the Waste Water Treatment system and handling Hazardous materials/waste.
• High school diploma. • Ability to push/pull up to 250 lbs repeatedly throughout the day. • Ability to lift up to 75 lbs repeatedly throughout the day.
• Process parts with media, compound and water as required for variety of product according to process sheets; adjust speeds for proper processing • Separate parts and media as required using hoist, separator screens, etc. • Monitor, adjust and requisition supplies of media, etc. as conditions warrant. • Startup, Operate and Shutdown all cleaning and finishing machinery in a safe manner. • Perform passivating, phosphating, dipping and cleaning operations per specifications. • Replenish chemical tanks. • Perform operator level maintenance aon all equipment and notify supervisor and or maintenance personnel of equipment malfunction. • Pre-treat parts for finishing as required. • Dispose of used, spent or contaminated materials into properly labeled containers for disposal. • Start up, operate and shutdown the facility WWT (Waste Water Treatment) system per work instructions. Perform all necessary tests for proper operation of the WWT System and troubleshoot/remedy all nonconforming readings. • Maintain proper inventory of all chemicals and replacement parts for the WWT system. • Respond to and take proper action to all Hazardous Material incidents in the facility. • Conduct on-site safety training for all new hires.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position is 2nd shift.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button. Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.