Raytheon Technologies Telecommunications Specialist - Field Engineer, Expert in Herndon, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared Telecommunications Specialist, Field Engineer - Expert, in support of the U.S. Government.
The Field Engineer will be responsible for surveys, design/statement of works, installation, maintenance and operation of electrical, mechanical and HVAC infrastructures in an OCONUS environment. Extensive temporary duty assignments may include travel to hazardous/dangerous locations. The successful candidate will be a problem solver, who is comfortable working independently, demonstrates a high degree of initiative, is able to work individually and as part of a team, and is willing to support the travel requirements. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: project planning, installations, preventive maintenance, minor construction projects, troubleshooting, and detailed reporting upon across a spectrum of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
Additional responsibilities include procurement, shipping, and inventorying equipment for OCONUS locations. In addition the candidate may be called upon to assist with troubleshooting/repairing satellite antennas, data center servers, switches, and other components.
The qualified candidate must be able to prepare messages and utilize the customer’s specialized tracking database and computer network to submit survey reports prior to departing each site. In addition, they must be able to assess equipment needs and coordinate with procurement and logistics elements to obtain quotes for needed parts and equipment as well as coordinate with the Customer on site maintenance schedules and requirements for each. Experience working in an embassy environment and the willingness to travel required.
• 8+ years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience is required
• Experience with the customer’s facilities and their operations
• Understanding of the principles of designing, installing and operating diesel generator systems, voltage regulators, UPS and air conditioning systems
• Familiarity with Department of State Overseas Building Office requirements and procedures
• Working knowledge of HVAC and/or other trade skills, design principles and operations
• Understanding of the customer’s message preparation process
• Active trade license in HVAC or Electrical systems (minimum Journeyman)
• Knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Project, plus Lotus Notes
• Knowledge of logistics and procurement of materials, inventory management
• Knowledge of MAXIMO, other Customer tools
• Weapons Certification Not required for hire, but must be willing and capable of becoming certified
• OCONUS travel roughly 50%, including hazardous locations as required, and roughly 10% CONUS travel as required. Requirements are based on customer mission and needs and subject to adjust
• Trades license required (HVAC, Electrical, or similar); minimum Journeyman level
• Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be crossover eligible
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience with 8+ years relevant experience to the skillset192917
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.