WindStream Communications Network Technician II in Herndon, Virginia
“Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”
About the Role:
Windstream’s team of Network Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Network Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. Through providing technical expertise and customer support, our Network Technicians create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform routine installation, maintenance, and repair activities for network systems including voice, data, network, transport, and video equipment
- Complete post installation tests for call processing functionality and AMA testing
- Coordinate central office/Network equipment, card/SFP insertions, translations, fiber cross-connects and inside wiring activities
- Perform OTDR tests and understand results
Fixed Wireless Installation & Maintenance
Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle
Work in both inside and outside environments
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards and regulations
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations
Do You Have?
- Ability to understand CLR/DLR and Engineering job packs
- Ability to perform OTDR tests and understand results
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent
*Even Better: *
- Certifications or training directly related to the position.
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream Holdings, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Minimum Requirements: Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Virginia-Herndon
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 21004133
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.