Suez-Na Senior Project Engineer, Wastewater in Haworth, New Jersey
Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Other responsibilities include:
· Prepare preliminary, engineering, and detailed cost estimates
· Project budget development and cost tracking and expenditure forecasting.Track and report on project expenditures to ensure they are aligned with budget and prioritize projects based on available funding and risk assessment
· Manage several projects simultaneously ranging is scope from small to very large
· Prepare bid documents and coordinate procurement with supply chain management (SCM) department
· Manage pipe condition assessment projects
· Emergency Supervisor Coverage (overnight and weekend) to support Operations. Coverage a full week approximately 4 to 5 times year
· Provide engineering support (on and off-site) during emergencies and large main breaks and other emergencies
· Provide engineering support to Corporate and other Engineering BUs
· Participate in master planning effort of existing systems and new acquisitions (water and wastewater)
· Prepare short term and long term capital improvement plans for new acquisitions and prepare valuations of systems based on due diligence site visits and condition assessment for the purpose of formulating bids for acquisitions
· Communicate regularly in written form (email, memoranda, reports, status updates, etc.) and verbally (group meetings, skype calls, internal presentations, external presentations)
· Assisting the Manager of Engineering, SWNJ, with the implementation and delivery of capital program for SWNJ
· Senior Project Engineer will independently manage approximately $5M of Capital projects per year along with other projects. You will also assist the Manager of Engineering in managing the $100M+ annually of Capital Projects
· Work independently to manage all capital programs and specific projects for mainly wastewater systems and water systems. Work directly with the Operations group to understand their needs in meeting operational, compliance, and health & safety goals
· Coordinate with SUEZ master planning department to assure the focus of capital project planning meets medium and long-term needs of the operations
· Manage the design (either internal or external) and construction of major and small Wastewater and Water Capital projects.
· Provide support to the Director of Engineering & Manger of Engineering and the Rates Department as needed during the preparation of the rate case filling, DSIC filing as well as responding to the rate case and DSIC interrogatories
· Assist the Director of Engineering & Manager of Engineering in developing analysis and reports to be provided to regulators, internal or external customers as required.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is typically in an office/field environment but requires periodic inspection of the facilities where the employee will also be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and an industrial plant environment which involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Work environment also involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following industry safety procedures. The duties of this position will require extensive traveling to dozens of sites in Passaic, Sussex, and Bergen Counties, in New Jersey on a regular basis.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As a Senior Project Engineer with SUEZ, you will develop, implement and manage capital improvement projects for Water and Wastewater Utilities, including sources of supply, treatment plants, pumping stations and transmission mains and collection systems. Some of the key areas you'll focus on include capital project delivery from inception to completion, including preliminary conceptual development, detailed engineering design with support of external engineering consultants, construction cost estimation, procurement, construction administration, supervision and inspection, startup and commissioning, and project close-out documentation delivery, including as-built plans, O&M manuals, and SOPs.
You'll primarily manage projects and assist operations for the Highlands systems located in Passaic and Sussex Counties, in New Jersey. Incumbent will also assist with projects in the Hackensack/Franklin Lakes systems as needed. This position will work on both water and wastewater infrastructure; however, the majority of projects and responsibilities are in wastewater. It's a big role with lots of upside for someone who wants to work with a sharp team, solving big challenges. If you like the sound of that, here's more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering. Master's is a plus!
· Possesses knowledge of multiple processes and/or engineering disciplines, augmented with good experience and seasoning, to the point where he/she can address complex projects or address complex challenges, such as leading a response to an emergency. Must be able to propose capital projects, or identify other work that will benefit SUEZ and/or its customers, based on their expertise in one or more areas
· Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must. AutoCAD, ESRI/GIS, PowerPlan, INFOR experience is a plus
· Hydraulic Modeling background is helpful
Required Experience & Licenses:
· Good foundational experience and expertise in water utility projects engineering and project management is important
· Experience in managing Water and to a lesser extent, Wastewater infrastructure projects
· 5 years + of engineering experience in related field
· Professional Engineer (P.E.) License in State of NJ is a must
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus
· Water / Wastewater Operator Licenses are a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
BU: FR - RVF