TEKsystems Senior Network Engineer in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's networking hardware (Routers, Switches, Firewalls), software and optical electrical systems across the National Core and Backbone networks. Works with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Works with design teams and advises team leaders. Manages network services from planning phase through implementation. Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure is required.
POSITION TITLE: CBO Sustaining Engineering – Principal Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, CBO Support Center
LOCATION: Centennial, Colorado
This is a challenging opportunity to provide operational and escalation support to a CBO Support Center. The engineer will join a team responsible for 24/7 management and operation of all Core, Backbone, and Optical equipment our services traverse.
The candidate selected for this position will use their network knowledge and knowledge to apply technical expertise in maintaining standards and advanced troubleshooting across the company's National footprint. Candidate must be flexible to work different shifts as escalation coverage is needed in a 24x7 operations center. They will also work with other departments such as Regional Implementation, ISP, and Principal Engineering, along with vendors (Cisco and Juniper) to manage, maintain and improve the operations and environment of the core network
This position reports to the Sr. Director of CBO Support Center and does not have any direct reports.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
• Drive advanced troubleshooting and resolve events, when escalated to, ensuring proper Root Cause Analysis is performed.
• Auditing and hardening footprint based on network standards or known bug signatures.
• Act as a technical liaison for peer groups to ensure issues are moving towards resolution.
• Aid in development of front line engineers through process development and enhancement.
• Leadership communication during outage bridges when engaged, with a collaborative cross team approach.
• Ability to use Python, C++, shell scripting, or other language for machine learning efforts
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Minimum six (6) years’ network engineering/software development experience
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
• At least four (4) years of Data network experience
• Self-motivated and driven, thrives in operational success.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Professional level knowledge of OSI model and logical troubleshooting skills
• Professional level knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS)
• Professional level knowledge of layer 2 protocols (MPLS/Pseudo Wire)
• Fluent in Cisco IOS/IOS-XR and Junos Operating Systems
• Fluent in Optical Principles and technologies (Ciena, Cisco, Fujitsu, Infinera)
• Able to provide Engineering escalation support for network impairments escalated from the CSC Engineers
• Ability to communicate effectively and lead outage bridges for troubleshooting and restoral efforts.
• Proven skillset with monitoring and automation tools (CA Spectrum, CA Performance center, HPNA)
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN)
• Communicate professionally in a fast-paced setting while fostering a positive working environment
• Excellent internal customer service skills with an ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
• Able to respond quickly to a system outage or impairment as required
• Timely reporting of information related to outages and changes made to the network, with a demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise written analysis and reports.
• Candidate should possess the skills to implement, maintain, and upgrade various applications and the servers they reside on.
• Ability to perform critical and analytical thinking
• Maintain incident, problem and change ownership and accountability.
• Team player and self-starter
• Works primarily inside throughout the year in an office-based environment.
• Will require long periods of personal computer and verbal telephone use.
• Occasionally this job will require standing, walking, bending or stooping.
network engineering, cisco, data networking, scripting
Top Skills Details:
network engineering, cisco, data networking, scripting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
90 days- big impact with python take known docs and find ways to script around it, identify exposure and get it to the support center before their is an outage.
Couple other python engineers on the team , limited at this team.
5 engineers on the team, 3 additional , another 3 on top of these , service design team and make all standard configs
audit against every standard with compliance, lessen events on the support center
Hybrid On Site/ Remote with weekly onsite/remote rotation
professional certs on cisco and juniper, python abilities perfect rounded candidate, one of the 3
examples of where they trained, lead more junior engineers experience
communciation, good track record to communicate
support center is made of junior engineers
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.