Kelly Services HR assistant in Geismar, Louisiana
Kelly is seeking an HR assistant Temp-Hire in Geismar, LA
M-F 8am-5pm $18hr
Job Description: The human resource specialist handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization.
• Responsible for performing day to day HR administration and support the successful completion of HR initiatives and projects.
• Work closely with senior management and functional leaders to carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
List each major accountability (end result) and the key activities necessary to accomplish the end result.
• Maintains personnel files and I9’s in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• Assists in the hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, performing telephone interviews, scheduling onsite interviews, etc.
• Manage the onboarding process for new employees and conduct new hire orientation.
• Keeps employee records and organizational charts up-to-date by processing employee changes in a timely fashion.
• Provide support with maintaining department records and varies reports.
• Assists with special staff events by coordinating, scheduling, and hosting.
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee policies and procedures.
• Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Additional duties may vary.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with ADP a plus.
• Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
• Self-stater who can work autonomously and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including spelling and grammar.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality to handle sensitive information. situations, employee data and documentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred).
• 3-5 years’ human resource experience (preferred).
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.