Fiserv Mgr, Contracts in Frisco, Texas
What does a great Manager, Contracts do?
A Manager, Contracts ensures that colleagues and clients receive responsive, diligent and best-in-class contracting support for a wide variety of needle-moving transactions and deals. You will impact both client satisfaction and help Fiserv reach our financial targets by structuring, drafting, negotiating and managing complex transaction documents and leading deals to closure. You will gain product knowledge, company knowledge, and problem solving skills. This role will give you the experience and exposure to grow personally and professionally through an opportunity to work with a dedicated team of legal professionals.
You will provide meaningful contributions to the group by:
• Reviewing client or vendor redlines/ comments/ issues and suggesting and drafting alternative language/ responses
• Drafting contractual language, sometimes based upon contracting standards and clause banks, sometimes from scratch or at the direction of your manager
• Making revisions and improvements to contract templates
• Identifying and escalating potential risks and exception requests, and making recommendations for resolution based on research, precedent or sound logic
• Working with client partners/sales executives to verify terms, and directing outcomes
• Responding to contractual questions from clients (internal and external), and frequently engaging directly with external clients
• Providing contract interpretation and risk assessment to internal clients as needed
• Acting as the point person for the collection of information, feedback and approvals from deal stakeholders (e.g. finance, operations, security, product, etc.) during the contracting process
• Offering subject matter expertise on Fiserv positions based on risk tolerance, client profile and/ or business need
• Assisting in education and training of sales executives and client partners
• Performing tasks and managing contractual processes of increasing complexity
• Participating in substantive negotiations and business calls, including directly with a client’s legal staff
• Providing input into formulation of Fiserv standard legal and business positions
• Leading negotiations and setting negotiating/ contracting strategy
• Serving as a resource for Contract Specialists and Senior Contract Specialists
• Assisting with and may lead research projects
• Assisting with the implementation of process improvements for the group
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Seven (7) or more years of contract/legal experience, must have significant negotiation experience with counterparties
• Negotiation experience is required
• Strong written, verbal and analytical skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
• Experience drafting various technology contracts, including software licenses and SaaS agreements, is preferred
• Strong computer proficiency with a variety of software applications, including MS-Office Suite and PDF software and excellent typing skills
• Effective time management
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• Experience drafting and negotiating complex technology contracts, either individually or as part of a team
• Experience in the financial services or fintech industries a plus
• Prior people management experience a plus
Minimal. 1-2 trips per year for Legal Department meetings.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.