Lockheed Martin Operations Analyst - Entry Level in Fort Worth, Texas
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: Lockheed Martin is looking for world-class talent in
Operations Analysis to join our historic Skunk Works team
in Palmdale, CA. Collaborating with a team of analysts, the
selected candidate will be responsible for modeling and
analysis of military systems to quantify the impact of
operational concepts, air vehicle design, payloads, and
tactics. Analyses performed will support requirements
definition, mission effectiveness, system of system
evaluation, and military utility assessment for a broad
spectrum of missions including combat air, intelligence
surveillance-reconnaissance, and air mobility.
Responsibilities will include researching and modeling
military systems performance and operations; developing
analytical methods and simulations to facilitate analyses;
executing trade studies; performing data analytics and
statistical analysis; and developing effective presentations
that succinctly communicate results and findings.
The team is seeking a candidate who can apply
engineering techniques, analytical methods, and critical
thinking to inform and improve decision-making and
quantify value proposition for advanced concepts and
technology applications. We need a candidate who is
passionate about working on cutting-edge design concepts
and technology; driven to learn and explore new areas;
enjoys being part of a team and thinks strategically and
creatively with proven analytical and engineering
problemsolving skills. As a member of a high-performing
multi-site team, the successful candidate must
demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal
skills as the position will require frequent interactions and
collaboration with leadership, project leads, other team
members, and engineers in other disciplines. The ability to
work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment is
critical. The ability to travel on occasion is required.
- Bachelors or above degree from an accredited college in related technical discipline
- Experience with programming software languages such as Python, C++, or another object-oriented language
- Experience with data processing/visualization
Must be a U.S. Citizen; this position will require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Current DoD Top Secret Clearance updated within the last 6 years
- Experience executing studies, post-processing/data mining, and presenting results
- Experience with distributed computing – batch runs, multi-machine automation
- Familiarity with software design principles
- Knowledge of military aircraft, missions, and operations
- Experience modeling airborne and surface military platform, sensor, or weapon performance and operations
- Proficient in analytical methods (e.g. design of experiments, optimization, or statistical analysis)
- Experience working on Windows and LINUX computer systems
- Experience with software development processes in a distributed environment (Integrated testing, configuration management, defect tracking)
- Experience with DevSecOps methodologies and technologies for implementation (Git, Gitlab and/or Gitlab CI)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College