Texas Health Resources Graduate Nurse Residency (RN) Feb 2022 -Medical Services Med/ Surg - Fort Worth in Fort Worth, Texas
Graduate Nurse Residency - February 2022
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award-winning company? We’re looking for a New Graduate Nurse to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Fort Worth 1301 Pennsylvania Ave, Fort Worth, Texas 76104
Work environment: Medical Services Med/Surg: Rotating between 5 different units during residency and will be placed on a unit after residency. Units are Oncology, Palliative Care, Medical Surgical, Acute Medical, and Renal Transplant
Work hours: Full-time, (3)-12 hour shifts; Rotating weekends, Holidays, and on call shifts required
At Texas Health Fort Worth we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 726-bed, Magnet-designated, full-service hospital serving our community since 1930. Our location in Fort Worth provides convenient care to the residents of Fort Worth and the surrounding areas. If you’re looking for cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, neurosciences, sports medicine and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re an accredited Cycle III Chest Pain Center, an Emergency Center of Excellence and provide gynecology, neonatal intensive care, respiratory therapy and orthopedic medicine. And talk about award winning. Texas Health Fort Worth is Joint Commission-certified in both Heart Failure and Chest Pain, a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an Acute Heart Failure Center, a Level II Trauma Center, a designated Magnet hospital and the Best Place to Have a Baby in Tarrant County. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for emergency services, women’s services, cardiac care and much more .As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Graduate Nurse Residency Program Overview
The Texas Health Nurse Residency Program is a comprehensive, evidence based on-boarding program with a 2-year employment commitment that offers new graduate nurses an exciting opportunity to gain the experience, judgment, skills and confidence to successfully navigate the complexity of hospital life.
Integrated into a Hospital’s education structure, the Texas Health Nurse Residency Program includes a guided clinical experience with an instructor-led core curriculum, a formal mentoring program, informative debriefing/self-care sessions and supportive 360-degree evaluations. Residents not only participate in the learning experience on their personally selected home units, they also rotate through other departments to gain an expanded nursing experience vital to the complex patient care.Qualifications
Please provide the following during the application:
• Official nursing school transcript (Unofficial transcript accepted until official is available)
• Exemplar/Essay: In one-to-two pages, tell the story of a clinical situation that was especially meaningful to you as a student nurse and that has helped you shape your practice today
• ADN (Associates Nursing Degree) is required upon hire; BSN preferred
• Graduated within the last 12 months preferred
• Less than one year experience at the time the residency begins preferred
• Have not previously completed a THR nursing residency preferred
• Enrolled or completed a DEU with THR preferred
• Current RN licensure (Texas or Compact State). Boards MUST be passed and results verified by noon the Wednesday prior to start date.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
• ACLS within 90 days of hire required for Labor & Delivery, Telemetry Neighborhood, Emergency Neighborhood, ICU/PCU Neighborhood and
• CPI within 60 days of hire required for Telemetry Neighborhood, Emergency Neighborhood, ICU/PCU Neighborhood, MedSurg Neighborhood & Neuro Neighborhood and
• PALS within 90 days of hire required for ED Neighborhood and Surgery Ambulatory and
• TNCC within 12 months of hire required for ED Neighborhood and ICU Trauma or
• ATCN within 12 months of hire required for ED Neighborhood and ICU Trauma and
• NIHSS within 6 months of hire required for ICU Neuro and
• NRP within 90 days of hire required for Woman’s Neighborhood
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Registered Nurse you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Registered Nurse:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to THRGN@texashealth.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.