Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Transportation Process Improvement Analyst in Fort Mill, South Carolina
This position is responsible for leading the deployment and forward execution of assigned transportation process improvement projects. These improvements will be a combination of process based and systems based enhanced performance to new and existing capabilities. The Transportation Process Improvement Analyst will partner with internal and external project teams to develop process flows, standard operating procedures, conduct systems testing and execute deployment activities. Additional responsibilities include partnering with Network Strategy, DC Operations, and Training to provide cross functional project support and Ad Hoc requests.
- Lead solution design process for TMS software. This includes driving project activities for transportation, IT and third-party resources, project schedules, scope, sign-off process and issue management. Analyze and develop processes, recommend process improvements, and provide documentation. Develop consensus and alignment on future state solution.
- Develop future state standard operating procedures and assist in creation, delivery, and presentation of training materials. Lead the development of training course materials to support the deployment of TMS.
- Act as business lead for user acceptance test. Coordinate business input, create and execute test scripts validating business rules in the application functionality.
- Led deployment activities for the business for specific releases. Execute deployment related activities including data validation, vendor, carrier and EDI on-boarding. Track results, manage overall timeline, and communicate progress and status. Assist in executive updates.
- Manage additional Ad Hoc process improvement requests, including cost benefit analysis, from the AVP Transportation through to implementation.
- Analysis and Judgement
- Planning & Organizing
- Drives Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Business Accumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum four-year degree in Transportation or equivalent field, MBA preferred
- Six or more years of related experience; discount retail transportation experience preferred.
- Six or more years of progressive supply chain experience
- Ability to drive and manage project activities, schedule and status reporting across multiple parties including transportation, IT and third-party resources in a matrix environment.
- Strong operations knowledge of transportation processes required
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively lead meetings, conference calls, drive communications with internal and external constituents, and builds consensus to collaboratively deliver objectives
- Business experience with Transportation Management Systems including rate loading and application, configuration and EDI preferred
- The ability to effectively communicate and interact at many organizational levels including non-exempt associates, operations supervisors, and high-level management.
- The ability to think in terms of process flow and identification of component operations and interrelationships as well as document process flows with Microsoft Office products including Visio
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills.
- Experience in using PCs in a professional setting and developing and using standard applications such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processors as typical tools to execute.
- Requires travel up to 25% of time in support of leading transportation related process or systems improvements
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Will work commonly as part of a project which at times will include a fast-paced environment. This may include adjustments of day to day assignments, aggressive deadlines, and variance in work volume based on project schedule; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.