The KeyW Corporation Software Engineer in Fort Meade, Maryland
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Design and code new software or modified existing software to add new features
• Debug existing software and correct problems
Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineer: analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Serve as a team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Modify existing software to correct errors to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Career level with a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts. Working under only general direction, provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 5 - 7 yrs of experience, or a Master's and 3 - 5 yrs of experience.
Seven (7) years of experience as SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexityHold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
One (1) year of SIGINT RF domain experience, and experience in digital signal processing using signals analysis tools
This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph . Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government and U.S. Citizenship(Required)
KeyW EEO Statement
Employment decisions at the Company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of. (1) race, (2) religion, (3) creed, (4) color, (5) national origin, (6) ancestry, (7) sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), (8) age, (9) medical condition, (10) marital or domestic partner status, (11) sexual orientation, (12) gender, (13) gender identity, (14) gender expression and transgender status, (15) mental disability or physical disability, (16) genetic information, (17) military or veteran status, (18) citizenship, (19) low-income status, or (20) any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
KeyW is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Jacobs.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With approximately $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit, and connect with Jacobs on,,and.
# of Openings 1
Posted Date Software Engineering
Job Locations US-MD-Fort Meade