Raytheon Technologies Baseband Installer - Field Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared Expert Baseband Installer (Field Engineer) in the Fairfax, VA area.
The right candidate will be responsible for repairing, testing, and deploying satellite devices in support of a global network. Duties include, but are not limited to: working in teams to install new Satellite antenna systems ranging in size from 1 meter to 4 meters at worldwide locations; Install/ repair RF equipment in relation to network/ facilities equipment; Design, update and record all areas of Satellite systems installations and connectivity, using Customer provided procedures and direction; Train Customers both mid and entry level technicians on operation of equipment and testing of installed satellite systems; and Conduct Site Surveys for future growth and recap.
• Knowledge/experience in Satellite terminal operations, circuit restoration, maintenance, installation, (to include fiber optics), and upgrading of communication facilities
• Understanding of team management and safety procedures, equipment installations, updating technical documentation and final system testing
• Proficient with test equipment, including spectrum analyzers, signal generators, Digital data test sets, Oscilloscopes, Power meters and Multi-meters, both loop and end-to-end testing
• Knowledge of construction practices; to include but not limited to, Electrical (commercial) Carpentry (most hand and power tools), working around Heavy Equipment (cranes, forklifts, Etc..).
• Ability/initiative to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
• Ability to compose, review, and provide updates to technical documentation
• Excellent technical acumen: Ability to cross train with other installation teams to become a more versatile, well-rounded engineer/technician
• Knowledge of logistics – ability to identify and track project equipment
• Excellent communications skills
• Experience with Customer equipment and deploying to Customer locations overseas
• 11 years of direct relevant experience
• COVID-19 Vaccination
• Up to 60% travel OCONUS as required and based on customer needs
• No CONUS travel anticipated at this time, however subject to change based on customer requirements
• Weapons certification not required but must be willing and capable of becoming certified
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical, Computer Engineering or related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.