Robert Half Accounts Payable Clerk in Eugene, Oregon
Are you a detail-oriented accountant proficient in Accounts Payable? Accounts Payable roles ranging from Clerks to Senior positions are in high demand, and Robert Half is searching for highly skilled individuals to fill these roles in the Eugene area.
Accounts Payable pays third parties or employees by scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase orders, ensuring credit is received for outstanding bills, and issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments. These roles also track budget expenses. The ideal candidate is capable of analyzing an organization’s cash flow. To be successful in this role, an A/P Specialist maintains meticulous records of outstanding payables. Effective monitoring practices should be put into place to make sure that payments are made to vendors in a timely manner, while also protecting against unintentional overpayment. Accounts Payable provide financial information about the organization to management and must apply accounting principles and handle work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
Other duties may include:
· Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
· Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
· Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
· Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
· Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable)
· Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
· Check vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers
· Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
· Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
· Reconcile bank statements
· 2+ years of experience in the field or in a related field
· Familiarity with accounting programs and software
· Basic understanding of principles of finance, bookkeeping and accounting
· Organization and prioritization skills
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to complete work on schedule
If you're looking to fill these important financial roles, contact Robert Half today!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.