AMETEK, Inc. Atomizing Employee in Eighty Four, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 20989
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: None
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Eighty Four
Division: EMG - Specialty Metals
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
The Atomizing Melter will support the Operations department with the daily tactical support of the operations at the Eighty Four Plant. The atomizing Melter will work on safely performing job duties while striving to hit production goals. They will have a strong focus on customer satisfaction and quality. The melters will collaborate with other operators, maintenance, and management to determine root causes of problems as well as conduct some basic training of others.
This position reports directly to the Atomizing Supervisors and has no direct reports.
In an assigned work area, performs the following tasks associated with the department strategies:
• Performs all duties in a safe manner and follows all Company and Site safety rules.
• Charges the raw material into furnaces in such a manner that efficient and continuous melting occurs.
• Ensures that the prescribed conditions are established (i.e., metal temperatures, deoxidation conditions, de-slag conditions) for pouring molten metal into atomizing chamber.
• Pours molten metal into atomizing chamber.
• Exercises judgement on condition of various refractory components to ensure against failure during melting and to maintain good conditions for atomizing.
• Tears down and relines refractory components in furnace and tundish assemblies as necessary.
• Maintains atomizing and melting records.
• Changes plenums, top hat assemblies, nozzles, and switch pumps.
• Records pour temperature, atomization pressure and water flow during each heat and records any applicable down time.
• Completes housekeeping duties in assigned area and other areas as requested.
• Trains others in a safe and productive manner.
• Assists with the creation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures, Task Element Sheets, and other paperwork related to the position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required. Technical training is preferred.
• 18 years of age or older.
• Must be willing to work any shift.
• General problem-solving skills.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Ability to work independently on individual assigned projects and collectively as a supportive team member is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.