Robert Half International US Controller in Duluth, Georgia
My client is expanding their operation in the Atlanta market and is looking for their next US Controller. This is a newly created role. They are a leader in their niche of the technology industry and are looking for someone to help take them to the next level.
In this role you would report directly to the CFO. Your main functions would include:
· Actively leading the day-to-day aspects of the US accounting department including financial reporting, internal control systems, compliance, and operational aspects of the business
· Providing financial accounting leadership and daily direction in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the company
· Overseeing the accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, and payroll
· Acting as the company’s GAAP expert, ensuring compliance with all financial reporting regulations.
· Communicating operating results and accounting information effectively and strategically, delivering results-oriented messages.
· Overseeing the Company’s annual financial audit and lead relationship with auditors and tax advisors.
· Interacting with private equity investors and address routine reporting and other information requirements.
· Identifying and communicating opportunities for change to improve internal controls, policies and procedures to streamline operations and provide superior financial and operational reporting. Implement improvements.
· Overseeing banking relationships and covenant compliance and reporting.
· Becoming the “Super-user” of ERP systems; overseeing current transformational projects to significantly upgrade financial processes and controls, including integrations with other supporting systems.
The ideal candidate for the position will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA, preferred - Active CPA required
· Big 4 Accounting firm
· Minimum 10 years of progressive accounting experience
· Experience handling high volume transactions and multiple product lines
· Experience in software and recurring revenue services business; SaaS experience a plus
· Deep knowledge of GAAP; particularly around revenue recognition and accounting for acquisitions
· Excellent financial reporting skills, including variance analysis and discussion
· Experience building budgets and forecasts
· Experience managing the accounting and finance functions through mergers and acquisitions
· Able to manage through influence and collaboration
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated effectiveness in staff development and team building
· Proficiency with Microsoft office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Worked Internationally, ideally in/with Greater China and India
· Private Equity portfolio company experience, preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $150,000.00 - $165,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Duluth, GA
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00900-0011715757
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance