WestRock Company Entry Level Production Worker - Multi-Shift Rotation Required in Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania
Starting hourly rate of 20.04/hr. Next rate of pay is 21.33
WestRock currently has entry-level labor position openings at our Delaware Water Gap, PA papermill facility that produces coated paperboard from recycled products.
These entry level positions provide labor for various tasks around the mill including picking up paper, operating forklift, handling chemicals, cleaning, etc. Must be able to carry/lift 50 lbs. Candidates with previous experience operating fork truck or other mobile equipment are preferred, but that experience is not necessary for consideration. This is a rotating shift position and membership in the Union is required after 90 days.
The mill operates on a 4 crew, southern swing rotation so you will work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift each month.
· Week 1
· Saturday through Friday on 1st shift 7am – 3pm. Off for 4 days.
· Week 2
· Wednesday through Tuesday on 3rd shift 11pm – 7am. Off for 2 days.
· Week 3
· Friday through Thursday on 2nd shift 3pm – 11pm. Off for 1 day.
How you will impact WestRock
· Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, operate power hand tools, and other duties as assigned.
· Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement) and basic math and computer skills.
· Performs inspections on various equipment for proper operation and report questionable conditions
· Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and free from debris
· Prioritizes work and takes appropriate action to ensure paper machine remains operational
· Forklift and skid steer experience is preferred
· Roll finishing (banding, labeling, sorting)
· Loading trucks with finished product
· Unloading bales from wastepaper truck
What you need to succeed
· High school diploma or GED required
· Strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and operating complex machinery and have a desire to advance within the company
· Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
· Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.