TEKsystems Project Manager in Dearborn, Michigan
The Cyber Security Senior Project Manager is responsible for end-to-end planning and delivery of Cyber Defense Center related projects. This is a highly visible position with an opportunity to work cross-functionally across varied IT teams, vendors, legal/contracts teams, and executive leadership.
The Cyber Security Senior Project Manager will be the single point of contact for the Cyber Security program team, and will be responsible for delivering value throughout to enable a securely connected digital business. The Cyber Security Senior Project Manager will be responsible for training and mentoring Junior Project Managers.
• Manage projects, process and technology improvements related to improving our capability to detect and respond to threats
• Manage supplier/vendor relationships related to the program
• Ensure that the Sponsor and Business/Project Owner are aware of their responsibilities
• Develop program and project charters with input from key stakeholders and partners and conduct charter reviews
• Develop and manage project plans between IT Engineering/Operations, Vendors and Cyber Security and other disparate project teams (as needed)
• Provide support to Junior Project Managers as required
• Establish strong working relationship with project stakeholders such that plans and requirements are fully understood and issues are resolved effectively and efficiently
• Manage day-to-day aspects of the project, including but not limited to Architectural, Operational, Engineering, and Security processes such as Application and Infrastructure control reviews.
• Communicate project status, issues and risks to stakeholders (as appropriate).
• Tracks issues and scope change requests, escalating as appropriate
• Assists in resolving issues and managing scope change requests
• Executes team status reviews, project reviews and governance with the Business/Project Owner, Sponsor & Program Manager
• Manage and track the project schedule and costs and action items
• Manage the development of monthly forecasts, track committed funds and manage project budget variances
• Takes responsibility for quality of project deliverables
• Recommend further improvements based on industry trends.
Project Management, Budget Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting, Clarity, Milestones, end to end
Top Skills Details:
3+ years of Project Management experience
Experience with Clarity
Experience building out project plans from scratch
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree
• 2+ years’ experience as a practicing Project manager with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
• 2+ years’ experience in team leading / influencing business decisions
• Working knowledge of Clarity
• Experience in managing financials of large-scale projects
• IT Delivery experience including large scale complex programs with strong consultancy approach
• Experience with project management tools, techniques, and best practices demonstrated ability to deliver on project commitments through leadership, rigorous execution, teamwork, strategic planning/scheduling, productivity improvements and problem analysis/resolution.
• Experience in Cyber Security, Security Engineering/Operations.
• Experience with Supplier Relationship Management
• Strong knowledge of Project Delivery using Agile and Common Project Management Methods
• Strong knowledge of Enterprise wide Implementations, software and hardware
• In-Depth knowledge of project management disciplines
• Experience with project and resource planning
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and manage multiple concurrent high priority assignments
• Excellent communications, facilitation, negotiation and organizational skills
• Experience with organizational change management
• Ability to influence teams towards a desired outcome with varying and/or little degree of authority
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.