Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse, Medically Complex Unit - PRN, Nights, 7:00pm - 7:00am in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Registered Nurse III to work PRN at Texas Health Dallas in their Medically Complex Unit.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, Texas, 75231
Salary $41.00 per hour
• PRN, As Needed; 7:00pm – 7:00am, 72 hour per month minimum
• Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
• Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
• Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
• Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
• Knowledge of human development across the life span
• Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
• Provides safe patient care as evidenced by:
• Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
• Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate's Degree Nursing
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
• 2 Years of Experience as a Clinical Nurse Required
• 1 Year Experience in Med-Surg Highly Preferred
• 1 Year Experience in Behavioral Health Preferred
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required And
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
At Texas Health Dallas we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are an 898-bed, Magnet-designated, full-service hospital serving our community since 1966. Our location in Dallas provides convenient care to the residents of Dallas and the surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, women’s services and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit, an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women’s imaging services.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Dallas is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Care Center, a Level II Major Trauma facility, a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and a designated Magnet hospital. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, bariatric services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.