WestRock Company Maintenance Supervisor in Dallas, Texas
This position is responsible for leading safety, coaching and developing a team of Industrial Multi-craft Technicians in a recycled paper mill. This position will lead the daily maintenance functions of the mill focusing on safe work practices and prioritizing work utilizing CMMS (JDE).
How you will impact WestRock
· Direct, prioritize, schedule and follow up on team of Multi-craft Technicians.
· Work closely with Engineering, Purchasing, and Production teams to understand, document, sustain, and improve maintenance-related processes and techniques—systematically working to solve maintenance problems, increase equipment reliability, and decrease maintenance costs.
· Collaborate with operations and mechanical leaders to plan, schedule and execute daily and break-in work and to increase measured reliability metrics.
· Serve as an administrator of maintenance information management systems—coordinating training and supporting system users.
· Oversee compliance with corporate, division, mill safety and environmental rules and procedures.
Provide support with capital projects, participating in equipment selection and layout—optimizing maintainability, promoting standardized equipment and inventory, providing technical expertise for installation and start-up, and ensuring receipt of maintenance-related deliverables (e.g., training, manuals, maintenance instructions, spare parts lists, drawings, schematics, etc.).
· Provide leadership and coaching as a leader within the Maintenance Team, ensuring employee safety, preserving company assets, engaging and supporting team members, assisting in emergencies, providing responsive service to production customers, and upholding best practices, company policies, collective bargaining agreement rules, and applicable regulations.
· Work with maintenance planner with outage coordination and assist with contractor oversite during outages.
What you need to succeed
· BS in engineering is a plus.
· 3 years of Engineering or maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of or experience in paper mill processes and equipment a plus.
· Working knowledge of maintenance techniques and equipment (i.e. pumps, valves, motors, gear boxes and electrical components used in industrial applications).
· Excellent problem-solving ability (logical and physical) and ability to take independent action.
· Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
· Comfortable interacting with diverse personality types.
· Consistently sets an example for others to emulate.
· Offers differing perspective when appropriate.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Responsible work ethic.
· Able to exhibit a ‘can-do’ approach and inspire others to excel.
· Maintains professional demeanor in adverse circumstances.
· Disciplined in adhering to procedures and standards.
· Advanced user of computers and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) in addition to computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
· Must possess great time management skills to manage multiple priorities.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.