RangeWater Maintenance Supervisor in Dallas, Texas
Position Summary: Oversees and performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company?s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance related tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assists with and completes work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
Oversees and completes the ?make-ready? process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a ?punch? list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
Develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community?s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready unit interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community and RangeWater standards.
Periodically inspects work performed by other service team members in person to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as needed. Periodically inspects work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work. Ensures materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials and works with Community Director to order supplies and tools as needed to stay within budgetary guidelines.
Assists Community Director in developing the budget for regular repair and maintenance and capital expenses. Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
Completes monthly Preventative Maintenance procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
Conducts regularly scheduled RangeWater safety meetings, ensure all MSDS sheets are current and readily accessible, and keeps up to date on all OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements to ensure property compliance.
Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, interfacing face-to-face with residents and service team, responding to questions from your team and residents, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and assigning work orders with efficiency and urgency. This includes the ability to work in a stressful environment and work peacefully with co-workers and residents.
Must be able to meet predictable attendance and punctuality expectations and physical demands of the position complying with RangeWater Residential?s policies and performance expectations.
Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
Conducts routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to the appropriate individual(s).
Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented, tracked and completed.
Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the property's efficiency, profitability, and productivity.
Keeps abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and accessing other information sources.
Work Hours (may vary by state or location):
- This position is scheduled for 40 hours in a regular work week. Hours of operation vary by site, but typical sites are open from 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm, and on Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Service Directors must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes taking ?call? during evenings, weekends, and holidays and must be able to perform the essential job functions unaccompanied.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application of knowledge and skills sufficient in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user moved aids, mechanical equipment, and measuring devices. Working knowledge of OSHA standards and MSDS regulations and 2 to 3 years of apartment maintenance experience or equivalent. High school diploma or GED; college or technical degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to represent company management in a support capacity, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions to complete basic maintenance duties.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to maintain records of information and develop and provide information for supervisor?s use. Property management system experience is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Incumbents must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling, a valid Certified Pool Operator or a Certified Spa and Pool Operator certificate as well as all certifications required by State and Local jurisdictions. Current valid driver?s license required.
- Proven skills sufficient to lead, direct, and oversee the maintenance process performed by the Service Team members.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents work both inside and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including amenities. Service Directors have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle or feel objects, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, and squat. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and sleet. Must be able to operate golf carts at properties with golf carts, walk extended distances and navigate stairs to multiple levels daily.
Service Directors must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to fifty (50) pounds independently and one hundred and fifty (150) pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Routine, travel may be required to assist properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Understanding of Job Essentials:
RangeWater is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. RangeWater is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
I understand that all pre-employment screening activities are conducted in compliance with federal and state employment laws. Background checks are completed during the post-offer stage of the employment process in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements.
I also fully understand the content of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties and responsibilities, requisites, and physical demands and working conditions explained to me. I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I need accommodation, I will ask the hiring manager for it.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.