Brentwood Place Three Licensed Social Worker in Dallas, Texas
$500.00 Sign-On Bonus!
Job Type: Full-Time
Full-Time Employees are Eligable for Benefits
Come meet Nick- our Administrator- who believes Nursing is a work of the heart. He treats his employees like family! We build on trust, compassion and strong communication. We reward our employees with competitive wages, raises and bonuses. Come join our team today! [BW3] We offer on the spot interviews at 3505-2 S. Buckner Blvd Dallas TX 75227-5451 or call ahead (214) 388-0424 to schedule a face to face interview.
The Licensed Social worker willbe responsible for identifying psychosocial, mental and emotional needs along with providing, developing, and/or aiding in the access of services to meet those needs. Services will be provided in accordance with the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics, adherence to Federal, State and Local regulations and governing agencies.
• Certified, licensed, or registered in the state of practice, required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field, including but not limited to Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology from an accredited school of social work, required.
• One year of supervised social work experience in a healthcare setting working directly with geriatric individuals.
• Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility preferred.
• Completes social history and psychosocial assessment for each resident that identifies social, emotional, and psychological needs; Completed relevant parts of the minimum data set (MDS); Utilizes the minimum data set to guide the care plan.
• Maintains accurate and timely documentation which complies with federal/state regulations, The Company Corporate policy, and specific center practices, including, but not limited to, Advanced Directives, Minimum Data Set, Social Service History and Assessment, Raps, Care Plans, Social Service Progress Notes, Behavior Tracking, monitoring of cognitive and psychosocial changes, PASARR and Discharge Planning documentation, and psych services.
• Supports each resident’s/resident’s right to self-determination; Documents resident/resident refusal of services offered; Informs resident/resident of any therapeutic alternatives to the refused service; Involves others, as appropriate, to help educate the resident/resident about the alternatives.
• Participates in the development of a written, interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident that identifies the psychosocial needs/issues of the resident, the goals to be accomplished for those needs/issues, and the appropriate social worker interventions.
• Ensures or provides therapeutic interventions to assist residents in coping with their transition and adjustment to a long-term care facility, including their social, emotional, and psychological needs.
• Ensures or provides support and education to residents/family members/significant others to assist in their understanding of placement and facility issues in addition to referring them to the appropriate social service agencies when the facility does not provide the needed services.
• Coordinates the resident discharge planning process and make referrals for appropriate home care services prior to the resident’s return to the community.
• Work with the interdisciplinary team and administration to promote and protect resident rights and the psychological well-being of each resident. Prevent and address resident abuse as mandated by law and professional licensure.
• Work with residents, families, significant others and staff to provide support, information and organization for taking a more proactive role in self-advocacy to improve the quality of life/care for individual resident and those who live and work within the facility and the community.
• Assist the Social Service Director/Consultant in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing of the social service programs of this facility.
• Works with Director of Nursing and Administration to prepare for inspection surveys; ability to engage in interviews by inspectors, assist in immediate corrections of problems noted by surveyors, etc. Reviews and reinforces important standards previously cited.
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or assigned at any time with or without notice.