Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Tech in Dallas, Texas
$3,500 Sign on bonus
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is seeking a Certified Sterile Processing Tech for full-time employment.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231.
Salary: Min $16.49 – Max $26.28, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Evening Shift; 3pm - 11:30pm (one weekend per month)
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure.
• Cleaning of instruments manually
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scans prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrates procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describes what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrates processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required
• 1 Year sterile processing experience preferred
• CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician Or
• CBSPD - Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution Or
• CRCST - Certified Registered Central Service Technician Upon Hire Required
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.