RangeWater Groundskeeper in Coral Springs, Florida
Position Summary: Meets standards regarding the appearance of the exterior physical features of the community by performing tasks to maintain the grounds, amenities, and overall curb appeal of the property. Completes minor repairs at the direction of the Service Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Inspects the community throughout the day to remove litter, debris, and pet droppings. Ensures all common areas, office space, and amenities are neat and free of litter inside and outside at all times.
Removes trash and remaining items from vacant apartments prior to starting the make-ready process, transfers trash to dumpster or storage area as applicable, and cleans and maintains storage areas.
Completes assigned minor and routine service requests in person as requested by Service Director and/or Community Director, and assists the make-ready specialist in the turn process.
Changes all locks in accordance with the property?s policy and ensures gates to all pool areas are working according to codes and safety standards.
Distributes notices and communications to residents as necessary.
Informs appropriate supervisors of any observed hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, team members, guests and others.
Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, and responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, engaging with residents face-to-face. This includes the ability to work in a stressful environment and work peacefully with co-workers and residents.
Complies with RangeWater Residential?s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property?s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
Must be able to meet predictable attendance and punctuality expectations and physical demands of the position complying with RangeWater Residential?s policies and performance expectations.
Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the property's efficiency, profitability, and productivity
Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Work Hours (may vary by state or location):
- This position is scheduled for 40 hours in a regular work week. Hours of operation vary by site, but typical sites are open from 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm, and on Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Groundskeepers are often scheduled to begin work up to two hours before the opening of the leasing office, and must be able to perform the essential job functions unaccompanied.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application of knowledge and skills sufficient in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user moved aids, mechanical equipment, and measuring devices. High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and comply with product labels, safety, and policy and procedures manuals. Incumbents require proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts and respond courteously to questions and residents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions to complete basic maintenance duties.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Incumbents must possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Rudimentary knowledge and ability to access company software and perform standard repetitive tasks.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current valid driver?s license is required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents work both inside and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including amenities. Groundskeepers have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle or feel objects, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, and squat. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and sleet. Must be able to operate golf carts at properties with golf carts, walk extended distances and navigate stairs to multiple levels daily.
Groundskeepers must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to fifty (50) pounds independently and one hundred and fifty (150) pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Rare or regular travel may be required to assist properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Understanding of Job Essentials:
RangeWater is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. RangeWater is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
I understand that all pre-employment screening activities are conducted in compliance with federal and state employment laws. Background checks are completed during the post-offer stage of the employment process in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements.
I also fully understand the content of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties and responsibilities, requisites, and physical demands and working conditions explained to me. I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I need accommodation, I will ask the hiring manager for it.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.