TEKsystems Linux Engineer in Columbus, Ohio
• This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent 7+ years of combined Linux IT support/administration & cloud experience with an emphasis on open source technologies.
• Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments.
• Experience architecting solutions which meet High Availability requirements for 24x7 business operations.
• Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• Experience adhering to change and incident management policies in an enterprise environment.
• Experience leading technical efforts and coordinate both project and operational activities.
• Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• End-to-end responsibility for all Linux and based operating system and server platforms related
• Evaluates new technologies and develops departmental standard practices to insure SOX and PCI compliance
• Identifies or reacts to problems related to the technology infrastructure or in support of Linux environments
• Design, implementation and operation of all Linux Server Infrastructure
• Responsible for providing comprehensive support for design, implementation, and support of all
Linux systems and its associated infrastructure
• Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures
• Establish the appropriate environment and project life cycle for Development, Testing, and Deployment
• Create System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting of the infrastructure
• Recommend changes and improvements to the current environment
• Collaboratively develop technical road maps
• Work closely with Development, Operations and DevOps Teams to ensure production readiness of the applications and the appropriate support are in place
• Experience with operations in a VMware vSphere environment
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHSA) with multi-year enterprise management experience
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities)
• Ability to deliver technical and administrative support partnership to IT Systems and Applications
Administrators in the IT department.
• Strong understanding of software architectures, lifecycle tactic, and system development
• Strong understanding of networking and IP address management
• Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
• Needs to have an excellent understanding and experience of server and client-side architectures and systems
• Should understand the current industry trends and their advantages with the ability to fit right into
an existing environment
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Must be able to prepare, present, and maintain technical documentation when necessary
•Extensive troubleshooting and performance monitoring skills
• Knowledge of Application Servers such as Tomcat, WebSphere, and Apache
• Application load balancing and recovery mechanisms a plus
•Experience supporting Oracle RAC deployments on Linux
• vSphere, vCloud Director, Orchestrator experience a plus
• Certifications in cloud platforms, GCP, Azure, AWS
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) with multi-year enterprise management support experience
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
➢ Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education
and relevant experience.
➢ Experience: 4-7 years computer operations support. 3-5 years of network monitoring and
➢ Extensive experience with production service level reporting including incident, problem and
➢ Knowledge of Routers, Switches, basic knowledge of Firewalls
➢ Monitor companywide systems, processes and applications in 24x7x365 environment
➢ First level response to server, database, middleware, and/or application alerts.
➢ First and some second level responsibility for monitoring daily job processing and/or overnight
➢ Experience with issue resolution and tracking systems.
➢ Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
➢ Experience in providing technical leadership, guidance and training.
➢ Outage management (for both scheduled and unscheduled outages), including coordinating the
communication with the business, IT management, Stores and the technical resources working
on the incident
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.