JPMorgan Chase Commercial Bank Risk - RealEstate Review Appraiser Sr, Vice President in Columbus, Ohio
Our Firmwide Risk Function:
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Commercial Real Estate Group (CRE):
Work with the best commercial real estate team in the industry! As the largest financial institution and multifamily lender in the country, JPMorgan Chase is looking for well-seasoned real estate review appraisers who want to bring their significant expertise and knowledge to a team that specializes in multifamily and commercial appraisal assignments, with a strong emphasis on multifamily product ranging from 5 to 500 units. We are dedicated to helping real estate appraisal professionals grow with our team. We will provide all of the equipment, training, data sources, and software for real estate review appraisers who have an eagerness and passion for ensuring that appraisal reports meet our strong quality assurance standards. This position will provide experienced real estate reviewers with an opportunity for professional growth within a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-collaborative team.
• A 4-year college or master's degree is preferred.
• State Certified General Appraiser License (Commercial Positions).
• Minimum 10 years' experience appraising and/or reviewing complex multifamily residential, mixed-use, and/or commercial properties.
• Significant experience appraising or reviewing for financial institutions is preferred.
• Strong analytical, business writing, and oral communication skills are a must.
• Computer/technology knowledge is required as well as a proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite).
• Comprehensive knowledge or certification of Argus software is preferred.
• National Review experience is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and elevate critical issues in a timely manner.
• Must be self-motivated and manage time efficiently to meet service-level deadlines.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving.
• Understanding of various construction types and mechanical systems as well as hazards such as flood, environmental, earthquake, and zoning conditions.
• Ability to analyze properties with complex characteristics.
• Superior knowledge of local real estate metro areas and neighborhood.
• MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute or equivalent credential is preferred.
- ARGUS experience preferred.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans