TEKsystems Visual Designer in Chicago, Illinois
· Creating comps for Line of Business (LOB) applications (web apps or desktop apps)
· Creating high-fidelity conceptual designs (Proof of Concept (POC) designs)
· Creating and detailing out visualizations
· Creating assets for development
· Collaborating with front - end developers
· Understanding of how visual design is translated into functioning applications (Understanding of CSS / styling of components / modularization and templating)
· Animation experience
· Designing for 3D
· Geospatial / Map Designs
· Interest/Gaming is helpful, but not necessary
PLAN & CONCEPT
• Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, whiteboard markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through ideation and move to the next stage
• Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation/improvements based on research, analysis, and competitive reviews
• Identify user needs and business requirements
• Substantiate design approach with analysis & projections for improvements
DESIGN & REFINE
• Ensure digital customer touch points become and remain consistent with the client's user experience and brand standards
• Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions
• Drive the design of next generation, navigation schemes, patterns, components and templates across the company’s products, insuring a consistent, appealing, and dynamic customer experience.
• Create low and high fidelity interactive prototypes adhering to a rapid, iterative and collaborative process
• Work with usability researchers to design test plans and iterate designs throughout user testing. Translate usability research findings into design improvements.
DEFINE & COMMUNICATE
• Create final design deliverables through appropriately detailed design specifications including: process flows, wireframes, storyboards, high and low fidelity mockups, red-lines and prototypes
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams as well as the larger UX team and business partners throughout the design process
• Communicate harmoniously with multiple stakeholders to synthesize, review design project progress, and incorporate feedback appropriately with a user-centered focus
• During implementation phase respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers & project managers
• Work with QA to identify, document, and verify bug fixes
Native Mobile, Prototype, Visual Design, Sketch, Responsive web design
Top Skills Details:
Native Mobile, Prototype, Visual Design, Sketch
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Soft Skills: Experience working with a business organization. Role will require candidate to present and defend designs to business stakeholders in a clear, concise and professional manner.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.