Eaton Corporation PCB Design Engineer in Chennai, India
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an PCB Design Engineer based in Chennai, India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
The Design Engineer will primarily work as part of the product development team providing the electronics design required for our products. This person will have experience of designing systems that are required to maintain high tolerances over a wide operating range, using calculations or simulations to predict performance. This person will also work with cross functional team to measure and test the performance of designs. Launch the product.
PCB layout design for applications in Process Industries and Industrial loops.
· Must have very strong practical experience Schematic design along with PCB Design.
· Working with design engineer to understand the requirement
· Implementing certification requirement in PCB layout with designer guidance.
· Bring in best practice from other parts of the company and from outside the company to avoid unnecessary learning cycles.
· Provide technical guidance in developing new PCB designs and updating existing designs.
· Review existing designs and recommend improvements.
· Develop prototypes of the new product for manufacturing.
· Support to other functional team for layout design.
· Design PCB compatible with user access part understand physical design constraints
Diploma or Bachelor of Engineering – Electrical / Electronics.
· Overall working experience of 8 to 11 years
· Relevant - Core domain experience of 7 to 10 years as PCB Layout designer
· Strong understanding of schematic interpretation
· Expertise in PCB Design Tools like PADS, Allegro, Altium
· Schematic capture and PCB layout design experience.
· Experience in Isolator, barrier and surge protection based design is an advantage.
· Should have worked in Multi-layer complex PCBs, Blind / buried via technologies.
· Strong knowledge to design PCB with EMC and manufacturable.
· Must be able to handle project individually from schematics to Gerber and complete within timeline.
· Good knowledge in DFM and implementing it in Layout.
· Experience of Intrinsic safety related PCB design is a plus.
· Strong knowledge in symbol, land pattern design for component
Yes! Because you are the One we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time