Lockheed Martin Program Manager / Chelmsford, MA in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Description: MFC Chelmsford Operations is a microwave system facility, which includes design development (engineering), and manufacturing. Chelmsford's technical specialty is the design and manufacture of low noise ultra-stable frequency sources and synthesizers for state of art Radar, EW, and Communications applications. MFC Chelmsford is seeking a Program Manager that will be responsible for leading activities with advanced program development at the facility. The Program Manager will manage the day to day activities of the Communication Transponder (CTR) redesign effort, provide program leadership and manage for the cost, schedule, contract requirements and program execution. In addition, the Program Manager will have frequent contact with customers concerning operations, scheduling of projects and contracts. Previous relevant program management experience and strong business acumen with business development experience is preferred.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of the city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior Engineering Management Experience
- Extensive Proposal Development Experience; Basis of Estimate (BOE) Development
- Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
- Earned Value Management Experience
- Engineering management or Engineering team lead experience including task planning, budget management, and subcontract management
- Candidate must have a technical background
- Proven ability to work through problems quickly and effectively; establish level of engagement required and define the timeline to resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; formal presentation skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Knowledge of operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in STEM discipline—Electrical Engineering Preferred
- Process Improvement and Affordability experience
- Self-Starter Personality; Ability to multitask
- Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Full Lifecycle Development Experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
- Candidate must have a technical background with experience in electrical engineering and RF systems preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.