Midwest Health Dietary Aide in Chariton, Iowa
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Dietary aide assists in the kitchen area prior to, during and after meals are served. Assists in maintaining kitchen work areas; keeping equipment, utensils and food plates clean and orderly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director, RCC or Unit Manager.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in serving meals and pouring beverages.
- Prepare and serve in between meal nourishment snacks.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, food storage, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils and other cooking equipment are readily available for next meal.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assist cook in preparing meals when needed.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to your supervisor immediately. Job Requirements:
Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.