ManTech RF Systems Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented RF Systems Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Experience with all aspects of spacecraft command & control
• Expertise in leading testing, verification & validation, and CONOPS efforts
• Experience with NRO and DoD communications architectures and timelines
• Experience with communicating advanced concepts in written and oral communications to all levels of Government
• Familiarity with space control concepts (IPS)
• Ability to support both the acquisition of and risk reduction for novel payloads, operational courses of action, and anomaly resolution
• Ability to work independently in pursuit of customer objectives both within the NRO and with external mission partners
• Ability to support multiple programs simultaneously to convey and convince strategic partners about investment and implementation plans
• Ability to think creatively in pursuit of customer near-term objectives with near-term timelines
• Support the planning, testing and demonstration of space systems and subsystems
• Support the development and integration of advanced processing algorithms using data from prototype demonstrations
• Evaluate testing methodology and techniques to improve the development of Enterprise and resiliency concepts
• Assist in the development of a demonstration roadmap for the Enterprise
• Analyze and recommend alternative testing methods and concepts to achieve near-term objectives for high profile missions
• B.Sc. in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline (M.S. is preferred)
• Extensive government systems engineering experience and/or industry experience may compensate for advanced degrees
• 3-5+ years of system engineering experience in IC or DOD satellite or space surveillance programs
• 3-5+ years of experience in engineering development, integration, testing and/or V&V of space surveillance systems or subsystems is strongly preferred
• Effective interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate and manage planning activities with multiple contractors
• Strong briefing and written communications skills
• Occasional travel within CONUS
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office products
• Must possess an active current TS/SCI with polygraph
Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.