PPD AD/ Director Commercial Development UK in Cambridge, United Kingdom
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
As an AD/Director Commercial Development,you will be responsible for the overall quality control of the contract management and bidding processes by providing direction for the contract and proposal processes in the areas of negotiation, development, review and compliance.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- Assists in development and evaluation of departmental competencies. Manages teams consisting of a line manager (Associate CM or CM) and several analysts, including mentoring, training and development, coaching. Works with team managers to hire staff and conduct formal appraisals. Works with Business Development and line managers (Associate CM or CM) to prioritize work flow for the team
- Oversees timely collection of data for proposal and budget development in response to Requests for Proposal or Contract Modification Request Form. Analyzes proposal or modification text and budget to corporate metrics, client expectations and other benchmarks.
- Approves accurate bids, proposals and modifications that conform to PPD contract requirements and meet client needs; applies quality control procedures to ensure proposals and processes conform to departmental standards. Oversees data gathering and analysis for proposals and contract modifications.
- Responsible for client management to defend PPD proposals prior to project award, negotiate pricing or contracts post-award, or to maintain and improve processes and relationships
- Provides key account or workload analysis reports to department management for recommendations on staffing levels, workloads, etc
- Interacts with operations management to make sure that final contracts or modifications meet their needs, conducting risk assessments and making decisions on production of units and unit prices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business related area
- 6-10 years experience in bid, proposal, and contract development and analysis, budget analysis and pricing of products or services that includes managing complex problems and process development improvements
- Experience negotiating with clients and proven track record of successful proposal defense while providing high level of customer satisfaction
- 3 years staff management experience
Or equivalent combination of education, professional training and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the job
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong general business knowledge, including understanding of the global financial, marketing and buying and selling processes within a general business environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven leadership skills and abilities
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex, difficult, or uncertain financial and contractual situations, including escalation to and negation with executive management (client or PPD)
- Proven experience in driving the opportunity pursuit process including strategy development and follow through on action items to ensure a coordinated effort by the account team
- Demonstrates strategic vision in terms of departmental development, client management and global consistency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task dailyExcellent organizational skills
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
Organization: *GB BU
Title: AD/ Director Commercial Development UK
Location: GB-GB-Cambridge-Cambridge GB Granta Park1
Requisition ID: 193283
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group