Children's Hospital Boston Nurse Practitioner, Cardiac Anesthesia, $5,000 sign-on bonus! in Boston, Massachusetts
66406BRJob Posting Title:Nurse Practitioner, Cardiac Anesthesia, $5,000 sign-on bonus!Department:AnesthesiaAutoReqId:66406BRStatus:Full-TimeStandard Hours per Week:40 Job Posting Category:NursingJob Posting Description: At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced in major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our global reach and impact are profound. Join our acclaimed Cardiac Anesthesia team and discover how your talents can change lives.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
• Conducting patient/family interviews and documenting patient histories, psychosocial histories, health status, and medical problems or potential problems.
• Under the direction of a physician, performing physical examinations and specialized diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures, including ultrasound POC and IV placements.
• Assisting physicians in evaluating and treating patients, developing care plans, and prescribing treatment.
• Ordering, scheduling, and/or performing laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures such as urinalyses, pregnancy, blood tests, and x-rays.
• Communicating necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of anesthesia to patients and families.
• In collaboration with a physician, arranging consultations or referrals to other medical professionals or community services.
• Educating patient on health habits, behavior management, follow-up needs, assessments/treatments, at-home medical care, medication, and other issues related to medical or health problems.
• Maintaining and updating accurate patient records, including medical assessments, interventions, and evaluations.
• Collecting and interpreting diagnostic data to implement appropriate patient care plans.
To qualify, you must have:
• A Master’s from a Nurse Practitioner program.
• 1+ years of related NP experience (acute setting preferred).
• The ability to collaborate with physicians, nurses, mid-level providers, and administrative staff.
• The analytical skills to resolve highly complex problems require the application of clinical, scientific, or technical principles, theories, and concepts, and in-depth, cross-functional experience-based knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A current license from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to practice as a Nurse Practitioner
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision, and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
Office/Site Location:BostonRegular, Temporary, Per Diem:Regular