Marriott Senior Director, Partner Management Products in Bethesda, Maryland
Job Number 21025291
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Marriott+International+HQ%2C10400+Fernwood+Road%2CBethesda%2CMaryland%2CUS)
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the Partner Management and New Business Products team, the Senior Director, Partner Management Products will lead the Commerce Partner Portal and Catalog product from demand intake, to design and delivery, in support of multiple partner types and categories. The Senior Director will be accountable to ensure the product roadmap reflects the priorities of myriad business stakeholders, lead multiple teams in the delivery of continuous business value and manage financial aspects of product development. The role will bridge technical and business worlds to ensure the partner management products are designed to meet business needs.
The Senior Director will also be responsible to identify and take advantage of new opportunities to ensure the product grows and evolves along with the partnership strategy and strategic priorities of the Marriott enterprise.
Education and Required Experience
· 4-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in a technology and business discipline.
· 10+ years in technology, product management and/or business consulting, demonstrating progressive career growth and patterns of exceptional performance.
· Understands and able to discuss technology concepts and build consensus by translating between technical and non-technical audiences.
· Roadmap strategy and definition experience.
· Demonstrated ability to assess end user/customer needs, creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate course of action.
· Experience and success in implementing new business applications with complex technology integration and business process change on time, on budget, and with high client satisfaction.
· Direct management of cross functional, sourced and matrixed teams.
· Experience working directly with Architects and Engineers on product enhancements.
· Experience evaluating trade-offs and leading exploration of new opportunities with technical team members.
· Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $5M in direct and indirect costs.
· Experience building business cases to drive investment and resource decisions.
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity efforts and competing priorities.
· Robust analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and report out.
· Ability to work through ambiguous and open-ended business requirements and priorities and translate the same into a clear roadmap and definition of success
· Ability to establish clear communication and storytelling via presentations, key performance metrics, reports and data.
· Strong interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Understand how our business and technology needs are evolving and provide insights and recommendations as you partner with key stakeholders to identify short-term solves, bridge strategies, and long-term visions for assigned product(s).
· Gather and detail product requirements from stakeholders across the organization to inform roadmap items; evaluate technical complexity of requirements in order to appropriately prioritize work and manage expectations cross-functionally.
· Develop and lead the technology roadmap and backlog to implement specific product capabilities, ensuring critical requirements are identified, the best solutions for the end user are delivered every time, and alignment with broader group and portfolio objectives.
· Partner with Infrastructure Delivery, Enterprise Architecture & Shared Platforms, and Security to effectively prioritize infrastructure updates, bug fixes/defects, and technical debt/refactoring in your product backlog.
· Advocate for the end user by developing a deep understanding of their needs through feedback and research.
· Collaborate with cross-functional team members to drive value and develop customer friendly features and enhancements.
· Provide direction for the technology development, including cost estimation, budget management, scope and delivery strategy definition, and establish milestones/schedules.
· Work with Sr. Business Analysts to guide them in writing user stories and acceptance test criteria for features and detailed functional & nonfunctional requirements for the engineering teams.
· Partner with solution architects and software engineers to determine best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
· Plan delivery, integration & test, and post-launch support for all the elements required in product delivery and operation working with applicable teams.
· Owns the quality and overall product performance, leading user testing and establishing KPI monitoring with QA partners.
· Manage project/scrum teams based upon roadmap(s). Meet regularly with the team(s) to gather work statuses, discuss obstacles, provide advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback to ensure deliverables are met timely.
· Collaborate across teams, and creatively solve problems to constructively balance priorities and overcome or remove blockers required to successfully deliver a new product or feature.
· Maintains the right level of demand management and capacity planning for the product as the owner of its KPIs inclusive of business and financial metrics and performance.
· Maintains high performance levels by attracting, developing and retaining talent, managing performance, building career paths, and aligning performance and rewards to company goals.
· Contribute to end user support artifacts/information/collateral development including feature/capability descriptions, end user business value stories, etc.
· Actively drives adoption of Technology operating model changes.
· Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.