Lockheed Martin Scrum Master - Chief Data & Analytics Office in Bethesda, Maryland
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Lockheed Martin (LM) is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
The 1LMX project is a LM internal transformation project that will change the way LM is doing business. This includes system modernization; consolidation of Business Area processes & practices and cutting-edge IT implementation and the Chief Data & Analytics Office is a big part of the 1LMX transformation. The CDAO is looking for an experienced scrum master to drive agile practices and execution for a set of CDAO scrum/kanban teams.
• Coaching the team on agile best practices / holding the team accountable for good agile practices.
• Driving the team to continuous improvement, avoiding status quo, and going through the motions.
• Asking thought-provoking questions that helps the team come up with the solution to problems themselves.
• Problem solving with the resources available to them.
• Facilitating the removal of impediments.
• Collecting and monitoring team metrics and progress to ensure the team is executing successfully.
• Using metrics as a reason to change for the better.
• Facilitating agile ceremonies, like: Daily Standups, Increment Planning, Retrospectives, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and System, Increment, and Innovation & Planning Demonstrations.
• Facilitating both internal team and cross-team communication.
• Assisting with process improvements at the team and ART level.
• Participating in becoming an active member of the Scrum Master Meeting of the Minds (SM3) Community of Practice (CoP) by adding and presenting topics at the SM3 and by engaging and posting in the CDAO Scrum Master Slack Channel.
• Coordinating the update of the ART Sync page weekly.
• Administration of agile tools for tracking and collaboration for the teams like Agile Hive.
• Act as a servant leader and does whatever the team needs to be successful.
THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED FROM ANY LM LOCATION OR CAN BE FULL TIME TELECOMMUTING
• A thorough understanding of Agile best practices, Kanban, Scrum, Agile Releases and Sprint planning.
• Good communication skills.
• Problem Solver.
• A curiosity for learning and engaging.
• Strong multitasker and ability to manage scrum efforts across multiple teams.
• Experience with Jira or other agile project management tools.
• Experience as a Scrum Master working with multiple teams in a complex environment.
• Combined experience supporting multiple teams and dependencies in an enterprise organization using Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, or similar.
• Experience with Agile Best Practices.
• Experience with the SAFe Framework.
• Experience with Jira, Agile Hive, and Confluence.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience planning, estimating, and tracking team throughput and performance.
• Industry Recognized Scrum Master certification/equivalent Scrum Master experience leading a team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.