Airgas Usa LLC Production Associate (Cylinder Filler) in Bellmawr, New Jersey
/Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?/
_Apply now_* and move your career forward with Airgas as aProduction Associate (Cylinder Filler) in Bellmawr, NJ!*
What you will do:
The Cylinder Filler will be responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas.* *
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for purity and correct mixtures.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year of prior experience in a manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
_Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!_
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Production Associate (Cylinder Filler)
Location: New Jersey-Bellmawr-08031
Requisition ID: 31531