BT HR Business Partner in Bangalore, India
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. At our heart, we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones, and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Those are the values we live by. Creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale, capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe, and secure. To delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today, in this fast changing, always on, digital world, our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism, and resilience to help propel us forward, we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things, and pursue new careers. If that’s you, and what you’re looking for. We’d love you to be part of our future.
• The role would be responsible in specifically supporting few business areas as a dedicated HRBP. It will impact both technology units (networks and digital) pan India and appreciates both common and unique challenges of both units
• Partners with Sr. HRBP Tech Units in India to drive the implementation of the Technology Units strategy in India for a seamless colleague experience and enhanced business benefits. The impact of key initiatives run by this role is high, long lasting and bottom line impacting from a cost base perspective. It will help shape the future technology organization and the evolving technology value proposition in India
• Develops and executes plans for necessary technology units’ evolution over the short to medium term
• Assesses customer relationships and service level of the HR function, with metrics and insights
• Accountable for departmental cost performance and commercial prudence
• This role brings various moving pieces together, connecting the dots and also engaging key stakeholders
This role will business partner teams within the Networks and Digital unit, which is newly created and going through an exciting period of transformation in order to accelerate BT’s digital growth – the HR team play a critical role in enabling this transformation.
As part of the Technology Units HR team the HRBP wil closely work with Sr. HRBP in the development and delivery of an integrated, and solution focussed, people plan to support the overall business unit ambitions. He/she will work brilliantly with Global business partners and the Centres of Expertise (CoE’s) to deliver and at times co-create HR strategy, policy and process.
He/she also provides excellent in-country HR consultancy, coaching and people leadership to deliver the best outcomes for Networks and Digital.
Focus in this role will be on the Tech Units People Priorities and connecting the dots to influence and work with the broader India HR function. Likely activity will include conceiving, shaping and driving the delivery of the unit people strategy, change and operations agendas to help develop the right culture, operating model, leadership strength, size, shape, capacity and technical capability. Emphasis on end to end recruitment & retention, underpinned by the strategic workforce plan will be critical.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Draw necessary cognizance of intersection points between Tech & India People Plans and help drive the initiatives for a consistent colleague experience
• Influence and coach the leaders and broader HR team in support of the strategic workforce planning & future skills approach for the Technology units in the country
• Operating Model: Working with the Senior leader or their teams on the simplification of the operating model to transform the people related cost base and create an organisation that is agile, fast paced and able to respond.
• Work with Sr. HRBP to Influence recruitment approach/strategy for Technology units in India
• Next Generation Skills and Location Strategy: ensure units have the right skills in the right place, at the right time by supporting the development of a fully integrated strategic workforce plan that suits agile ways of working and future Digital needs.
• Work with Sr. HRBP & India/Tech Rewards Lead to drve rewards strategy for the business unit in the country (Pay Ranges, Pay Positioning for different segments of talent, Retention Plans, Differentiated rewards strategy for high performers, off-cycle etc.)
• Drive – In country performance management for the units responsible for (Ensuring the Technology/Unit goals are broadly cascaded to all, Goal Setting completions, Underperformance management, drive regular performance check-ins and quarterly performance reviews, End of year review process to have a country view of performance distribution)
• Support Sr. HRBP in driving the Technology Units talent review and leveraging the output for an India view of leadership potential (CLB/C/D) in the respective units - & have a strong governance of talent actions agreed.
• Leverage Group/In-country LLTD offerings & influence where something different is needed for Tech Units to ensure we have a structured investment in all talent segments through various learning offerings and a differentiated approach for HiPos to accelerate their readiness for next roles
• Partner with leadership teams in the country (responsible for) and Engagement leads to have a robust engagement strategy by leveraging various levers (Leadership Connects, Town halls, Covid related support, Hybrid working, Recognition, Work value proposition, etc.)
• Help drive D&I Initiatives in the country, not as standalone activity but woven through into everything we do, in support ofthe Technology D&I targets
• The role holder is also expected to increase the capability of our leaders to lead and manage change & transformation effectively
• High performing Teams: Support the business to develop strategic imperatives including a pro-active Talent agenda in order to to ensure retention of key employees, developing leadership succession plans, raising people leader capability, performance and overall healthy churn.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Commercial Thinker & Customer Champion.
Thinks and acts commercially & with the customer in mind: strong analytical skills, and commercial awareness. Curious to understand and remain close to the business agenda, as well as applying a customer centric lens, in order to influence the people strategy. Comfortable interpreting and analysing data to drive insight led decisions.
• Collaborative partner
Builds very strong relationships: can partner senior leaders and other stakeholders to form trusted working relationships. Coaches leaders to build and develop leadership capability and effectiveness.Builds brilliant relationships that enables and drives cultural change across the organisation.
• Track record of making change happen in a complex environment, with evidenced RoI: self starting, can initiate change and be a bold decision maker to improve the business unit and HR function. Develops simple, practical, pragmatic solutions to address business needs, aligned to business strategy. Solutions focused achiever & change agent.
• Handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence: role models honest and respectful feedback. Can adapt personal style and be an inspiring communicator to manage multiple stakeholders who may be geographically dispersed.
• Collaborating and influening: has a track record to engage, inspire and influence people
• HR Mastery –strong technical HR knowledge and it’s practical application
Experience you would be expected to have
• Masters/Post graduate in HR (preferable)
• 7-8 years of experience
• Previous HR Business Partner experience (preferably in a technology work environment) aligning business and people strategies in a complex, fast paced & Digital environment
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT (https://www.bt.com/careers)
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Title: HR Business Partner
Requisition ID: 169179