BT Design Engineer Specialist in Bangalore, India
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
As a Senior Cloud and DevOps Platform Engineer you work will with platform engineers in the design, build and maintenance of PaaS platform (Cloud Foundry) and DevOps tooling platform. As part of this team you will help enhance our next-generation private cloud platforms and DevOps tooling and strategy.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Helping development teams with backlogs, upgrades, backup and recovery, as well as with creating or integrating with existing CI/CD pipelines
• Enabling dev teams with release engineering, deployment and lifecycle management of small and large scale cloud software through Bosh/Kubernetes/Helm
• Developing automation using scripting languages, employs open source software, interacts with APIs, and enables CI/CD to create new cloud features, harvest/visualize metrics, monitor health/performance/capacity, etc.
• Innovating with open source software to create production services
• Tracking and analysing health metrics, upgrade/patch activity, organizational activity, capacity and security information in a cloud environment
• Leading the way in Cloud Native development and DevOps tooling, developing PaaS and DevOps training and guidance material, running and hosting workshops and webinars for the development community
• Introducing and delivering modern DevOps tools and practices to the IT community
• Performing analysis and design tasks for allocated tasks from a Sprint Plan
• Learning and developing your skills in modern software engineering techniques
• Participating in and running stand-ups using SCRUM of other Agile methodologies with a globally distributed team
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Hands-on, in-depth experience with diverse HTTP/JEE/Middleware products and solutions
• Virtual infrastructure running Ubuntu Linux and Windows operating systems
• Platform design, implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (major in Cloud Foundry, Docker, and Kubernetes; minor in VMware)
• Solid Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Puppet, BOSH, Jira, SVN, Git, Maven, HP ALM
• Understanding of cloud application design principles
• Excellent communication skills able to work in a collaborative team and share ideas and material at workshops and webinars
Other good to have skills:
• Understanding of the private and public cloud platforms and providers, such as AWS, GCP, Azure and Cloud Foundry
• Cloud building blocks - compute, storage, network, tools & automation
• Understanding of modern data platforms such as Reddis, Rabbit MQ/Kafka
• Experience in ELK setup; broad knowledge in systems telemetry and monitoring (Nagios, ELK, newRelic, AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.)
• Experience with cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT) and various virtualization technologies
• Experience with automation scripts and CI/CD pipeline tools, including Jenkins or Concourse and other DevOps tool chain components
• Experience with servers (Tomcat, Weblogic) and databases (Oracle, Mongo, Postgres), as well as Bosh, Chef, Puppet, Ruby, Go, Nagios, Splunk and/or Siteminder
COVID-19 Notice: We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in BT. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice - which includes video interviews and virtual onboarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT (https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm)
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Design and delivery
Title: Design Engineer Specialist
Requisition ID: 148669