Texas Veterans Commission TVC Education Services Program Specialist in Austin, Texas
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. College transcripts must be attached to the application. To receive Veterans’ preference, a copy of the FORM DD214 (member #1 not accepted), must be attached when submitting your application. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
*Submitted Through Work in Texas: *
Work in Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. To complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. CAPPS Recruit:https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
General Description:Serves as a member of the Education Services team, Veterans Education Department of the Texas Veterans Commission (TVC). Responsible for assisting public colleges, universities, and institutes of higher education (IHEs) with the administration of the Texas Hazlewood Act tuition exemption. Work involves answering inquiries pertaining to the Hazlewood Act and GI Bill ® benefits from veterans and their family members, school representatives, and the public.Provides consultative services and technical assistance to public schools, colleges, and IHEs regarding statute, administrative rules and procedures as it relates to the Hazlewood exemption application process; individual eligibility for the exemption; and public school and IHE reporting requirements associated with the exemption.Performs outreach, technical assistance, and training activities at various locations throughout the state; via webinar, email, telephone, or teleconference; and/or via in-person appointments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to inquiries from veterans, family members, IHE officials, and the public pertaining to the Hazlewood Act exemption and GI Bill® educational benefits in person or via telephone, teleconference, webinar or email.
- Provides technical assistance and training to public IHEs and community partners regarding statutes and rules associated with the exemption, and regarding the student application and school or IHE reporting processes of the Hazlewood tuition exemption.
- Assists Hazlewood-eligible persons in understanding and resolving issues and concerns as they relate to the Hazlewood exemption.
- Serves as liaison with IHEs to ensure accurate enrollment and reporting of the exemption via the TVC Hazlewood database reporting system.
Reviews and compiles statistical records on Hazlewood recipients to effectively track recipient use of the exemption.
Develops and performs outreach activities to inform internal and external stakeholders, veterans, family members, public school and IHE officials, and the public about Hazelwood Act tuition exemption activities.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Military Crosswalk information:
Minimum Education:Associates degree from an accredited college or university or have completed 60 credit hours of college-level coursework from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of related experience in a higher education (post-secondary) or training environment.
- A valid Texas driver’s license is required.
- Work hours other than 8 - 5 may be required.
- Occasional weekend or evening hours may be required.
Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Preferred Experience and Qualification:
Skill and experience in admissions, financial aid, registration, or similar student support services within the higher education/post-secondary environment.
- Skill and experience with federal or Texas veteran education programs and benefits.
- Skill and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Honorably discharged veteran.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Hazlewood Act and, GI Bill®.
- Knowledge of TVC programs and services available to veterans and their families.
- Skill and experience in providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Skill in operating a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to apply laws, rules, policies, procedures, and regulations applicable to federal and state veteran education benefits
- Ability to communicate effectively and to communicate complex ideas succinctly and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently to meet various deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective networking and public contact relationships.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts using a computerized database.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals, groups, and stakeholders.
- Ability to function as a team member & work effectively with team leaders & co-workers in a dynamic and multi-tasking environment.
Ability to use appropriate grammar, spelling, punctuation, mechanics, and editing skills in correspondence and communications
- Environmental & Physical Conditions: *
Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping, and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Notes to the Applicant:
To receive Veterans’ preference, a copy of the FORM DD214 (member #1 not accepted), must be attached when submitting your application. College transcripts must be attached to the application. If you require any reasonable accommodation for the interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls to schedule your interview.
This position has been designated as a security sensitive position. A criminal background investigation will be conducted on the final candidate for this position.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONE CALLS APPLICANTS SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Veterans Information:The Texas Veterans Commission is committed to hiring Veterans and is proud to employ the highest percentage of Veterans among all state agencies. Additional info may apply via the job posting.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Texas Veterans Commission does not discriminate on the basis, of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Job: *Business and Financial Operations
Organization: *TEXAS VETERANS COMMISSION
Title: *TVC Education Services Program Specialist *
Requisition ID: 00015430