TEKsystems Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Top Skills' Details
Accounting and finance knowledge
Project management - internal / external customer facing experience
Implementation experience - either as an implementation consultant or an end user/customer going through an implementation for an accounting/finance product
*If you have worked with Financial Edge as an end user, they'll teach you the rest!
As an Implementation Consultant working with our clients' financial software, you will identify and research business needs and then determine solutions to business problems. You will work closely with business and technical teams and must understand business enough to ensure there is integration between business and technology.
The Business Analyst/Implementation Consultant also has a baseline understanding of development processes (SDLC) and/or business workflow processes and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
A Business Analyst/Implementation Consultant may perform any of the following activities: feasibility analysis, scope projects, work with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables and negotiate on product functionality; create detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) or Business Process documentation (as applicable) and translate it into functional specifications; provide analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation; partner with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions; participates in Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
Key activities that will ensure client and project success include:
• Ability to assume the responsibilities of an overall solution owner, with limited advising: gathers and analyzes information and uses it to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations; devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions; proactively raises risks and implements fixes and changes as needed to keep small problems from becoming big problems.
• Investigates and acts to meet customers’ current and future needs. Gives customer needs priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships.
• Effectively uses systems and processes to measure, monitor, manage, or impact performance. Puts resources and or processes into logical, comprehensible order.
• Creative and critical thinker with the ability to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations and problems. Exhibits constructive, non-traditional thinking. Creates, from scratch or from plans, high-quality designs or work products.
• Ability to influence others to gain consensus on a desired outcome. Negotiates or mediates sound agreements in business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or difference in interest.
• Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively and persuasively across communication settings. Exhibits composure while in the spotlight. Conveys information eloquently. Effectively connects with a variety of audiences.
• In most cases they oversee the entire project themselves, delivering parts of the project to get them live with the software. We come in once it is sold, implementation turnaround is 3 to 6 months. Can in certain cases finish the project in a month. Most individuals carry 30-40 active projects at a time.
A Day in the Life:
• Spend a lot of time with customer interactions via phone or on WebEx/Teams.
• There is a progressive ramp up over 3 months with training and shadowing.
• It’s strictly front-end software implementation
• You will identify and research business needs and then determine solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a software-systems development component but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development. You will work closely with business and technical teams and must understand business enough to ensure there is integration between business and technology.
More about what we’re looking for:
• The duration and volume of projects with which our Business Analysts/Implementation Consultants work can vary depending on the solution and scope of the implementation. In some cases, we will be looking for a demonstrated ability to manage a large portfolio of clients and projects concurrently.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to travel after onboarding/ramp up time; average on the team is at most 25%
• Experience with Accounting/Finance
• Knowledge of the non-profit industry are a plus
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This person MUST be a strong communicator and very organized.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.