Warner Media LLC Data Architect in Atlanta, Georgia
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
This Business Data Architect role will report to the Turner Sports Data Strategy, Insights, & Analytics business unit. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and using it to empower and enable data-driven business insights and decisions. This Business Data Architect will lead our full-stack data architecture strategy and implementation, including data modeling, data governance, warehouse aggregation, and BI tooling for Turner Sports. They will drive our modernization efforts to ensure our data flows, processing, and reporting are accurate and insightful. Collaboration skills are key as this role will also work across senior leadership, research, marketing, product management, architects, and developers to design, build, and deploy data solutions and reporting tools that meet the growing analytical needs of our organization.
Ability to understand brand and enterprise data and reporting requirements that will inform the data architecture and modeling approaches. Employ these learnings to construct appropriate ETL processes, database queries, and data/permission models that support data aggregation and reporting on actionable insights
Collaborate closely with internal and matrixed departments, including but not limited to Operations, Technology, PMO, Data Strategy/Insights, Customer Service, Enterprise Data Systems, and Marketing to design, build, and deploy data solutions and reporting tools
Maintain top-level knowledge of industry trends and best practices in the Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse space, then identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, quality, security, scalability, and performance
Use data to discover tasks that can be automated and find hidden patterns in data that can be used to address ad-hoc queries or urgent data ingestion/reporting requests
Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements that optimize data delivery to stakeholders, using the foundational elements of the data warehouse, BI tool, and other ‘big data’ technologies
Other behaviors the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• Project Management
• Organizational Skills
• Oral / Written Communication Skills
• Problem Solving
• Analytical Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Statistics, Engineering, Business Administration or similar field of study
• 5+ years in digital analytics, engineering, marketing research, consumer insights, or business consulting roles
• 5+ years focusing on digital data analytics and data mining
• 3+ years of experience with cloud data technologies including Snowflake, AWS, Apache Airflow
• Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer business questions that drive actions and decision-making
• Proficiency in SQL
• Experience with business intelligence, dashboard and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Looker as both a super-user and developer.
• Deep understanding of API connectivity and data streaming architecture
• Comfort level with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Ability to connect business needs and assess / recommend data solutions to drive business insights that enable data-driven decisions
• Master's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems or similar field of study preferred
• Deep understanding of digital and video analytics platforms, methodologies, measurements and technical tagging structure (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Conviva)
• Experience with R or Python highly desirable.
Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
Access to in-house learning and development resources
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.