AdventHealth Chaplain I PRN Apopka in Apopka, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Chaplain I PRN - AdventHealth Apopka
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
- Providing spiritual care to our primary customers partners,
- and team members.
- Participates as a member of the healthcare team in evaluating spiritual needs of patients and providing appropriate interventions to meet such needs.
- Fosters a sense of mission that enhances a culture of Trust, experience of Belonging, and a future of Hope within the hospital and the
- healthcare team.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Personal commitment to God.
- Personal integrity and an ability to work under stress.
- Ability to effectively relate to persons of diverse religious, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to earn respect of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals.
- Master of Divinity degree
- Minimum of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Congregational pastoral experience
- Four-unit residency in Clinical Pastoral Education
Demonstrates through behavior Adventhealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
Assesses spiritual needs of patients and provides appropriate interventions with consideration to growth development needs and age group
Receives referrals from all members of the healthcare team, and follows up on these referrals within 24 hours
May develop a pastoral care plan for patients by identifying objectives, interventions and desired outcomes.
Available for on-call duty (nights, weekends, holidays) as scheduled by the Senior Director/ Associate Director of Pastoral Care
Participates in patient-care rounds and discharge planning process
Communicates appropriate information to the interdisciplinary team through appropriate charting on the Spiritual Clinical Consult Form in the medical record
Exhibits knowledge of the levels of growth, development, and skills for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.