TEKsystems Desktop Support in Ann Arbor, Michigan
As an internal IT team member in the organization this position’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Provides Tier 2 technical support and service restoration for daily operations and project efforts. Follows procedures and guidelines to install, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, workstations, printers, wireless and handheld devices, network and port configuration, hostbased firewalls, and peripherals. Supports and collaborates with team members and other technical staff.
Promotes understanding with customers on the benefits of the IT service provider model to help foster collaboration. Actively monitors systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance.
● Actively coordinates with team members and other service support groups to resolve incidents and requests effectively within service level expectations. Utilizes enterprise level service management tools to update and capture meaningful information to establish standards and metrics to support future resolutions of incidents and requests.
● Collaborates with team members and customers and contributes to the effort to develop, design, implement, and continuously improve systems. Promotes cooperation and customer relationships by coordinating with customers, the Neighborhood IT team, and other technical staff to plan operational and project work.
● Works on more than one task at a time and manages work effectively by prioritizing own assignments, schedules, and meetings, resulting in timely completion of work. Work assignments include resolving issues with multiple components (e.g. hardware, operating systems, applications, and network) and integration of components, as well as requiring understanding of the service bundle (e.g. file storage, networking, security). Resolves problems independently, seeking assistance when necessary. Proactively anticipates and resolve problems, and creates conditions and processes to support change.
● Contributes to hardware, software, and services enhancements by identifying when established procedures are not working or there are gaps in processes, and makes recommendations for improvements. Develops and edits customer and technical support knowledge base documentation.
● Stays current with relevant advances in technologies. Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge of IT policies and procedures, hardware, software, and technical services. This can include on the job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, and testing. Develops and follows best practices, procedures, and shares knowledge with team members.
● Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows 7/8/10, OSX 10.x, Microsoft Office, Browsers, Local Account Management, Scripting, Installs and removals, Registry, Command line, Help ticket system, System Management Tools.
● Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day to day administration tasks, rootcause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring) for at least one of the following platforms/systems: Windows or Mac
● Familiarity with current computer technology and applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).
ServiceNow, Windows 10, Deploying Hardware and Images, Software Upgrades, Hardware Configuration, Imaging Devices, Macintosh, desktop support
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
● Building Relationship / Interpersonal Skills Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of work group, interacting in a friendly, open, honest, and accepting manner. Maintains agreed upon
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.